Problems Playing Skyrim

charlescoughlin

Hello there,

I'm newer to modding in Skyrim, if not in general, and I'm just looking for a little bit of specific help. I'm not quite sure what my problem might be, and I can't seem to find anything that specific, so I thought I'd try to make a discussion for some help. The problem seems to be that my game just wont start. I get to the Start/Load screen with the Skyrim symbol and I hit new game, the text goes away, and the game seems to be working just fine, but it just sits there on that screen. Now I figured it was probably just that my computer is too slow, and that I might have too many mods working on it so it's taking a long time to load, but the start screen seems just fine, so I can't really tell if that's my specific problem. It doesn't seem to crash because it's not frozen or just disappearing. Also I believe I installed everything just fine. Followed all the directions to the t pretty well. I even looked back to make sure SKSE was loaded just fine, and it was. If anyone can help me get to the bottom of this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Pretty much all Bethesda games are super buggy, so it's not abnormal to just find something messed up in the natural game itself. Sometimes our mods can help fix these problems, and sometimes they can make them worse. Also, dependent on some crucial mods' load orders, this could be an effect of that. We wouldn't know until you post your load order for us to see. If you are using LOOT, just click the dots in the top right and click "Copy Load Order" and paste it here in a spoiler.