Tamara

Hi Folks,

I solved it, finally! I uninstalled the graphics driver and installed Radeon v 17.6.2 now it works brilliantly. Thank you to everyone to tried to help me.

I have a Sapphire Vapor-x AMD Radeon R9 270x 2 GB 2GGDR5 card.

I upgraded to a SAPPHIRE Vapor-x AMD RADEON R9 290 4GB 5000MHz GDDR5 947MHz GPU 512BIT HDMI

I can't believe I'm having the same or worse problems with fps, stuttering problems and, oh yes, I forgot to mention, talking out of sync.

I have an AMD FX-6300 6 core cpu and 16 GB memory on an Asus M5A97 EVO R2 motherboard. I know the 290 is pci-e 3.0 and the motherboard slot is 2.0, but I understand the performance shouldn't be appreciably less.

I did a benchmark test on my system and it gave me a good score.

'Overall this PC is performing above expectations (69th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with

exactly the same components, 32 performed better. The overall percentile is the average of the
percentiles for each component in the PC.'

Graphics: '79.8% is a very good 3D score, it's the business. This GPU can handle recent 3D games at high
resolutions and ultra detail levels.'

I'm totally frustrated. I did the ENB and ENB boost install and recommendations; tweaked my AMD CCC back and forth and the ini's as well, taking everyone's suggestions one at a time.

Oldrim runs fantastic on ultra. Go figure.

Any ideas will be welcome. I'm not ready to give up.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get this stutter because of your low VRAM (2 GB). The textures that have to be loaded, consume more VRAM than your graphics card has.

So yes upgrading to a graphics card with more VRAM will possibly help.

But if you have installed a bunch of HD textures (or even 4K textures), then you should rather upgrade to a graphics card with at least 6 GB VRAM.

I have the R9 380 4gb factory overclocked Sapphire Nitro. And with no 4K texture mods installed, only 2K - 1K ( and a 1080P monitor ) I can see in the MSI Afterburner programs OSD monitor that the VRAM usage is around 3.2 - 3.4 gigabyte at the most graphics intence surroundings. This at ultra settings except for shadows set at high. God rays on low. So you will be wise to get at least a card with 4gb of VRAM. btw. some reviews say that the RX 480 is a thad bit better than the R9 390.

I have the same CPU as you Btw. and 16 gb of RAM + 2 x SSD harddrives.

The stutter may still be there due to the games flaky Vsync. But there are treads - posts here how to cure this.

Edited by goranpaa

Thank you for your timely and knowledgeable responses, folks. I took a risk and went for a supposedly new R290 for £169 with a guarantee on eBay. I couldn't afford either the RX 480 or the R290 new. I have an Enermax Revolution 85+ power supply with the right graphics card connectors.

Thank you for your timely and knowledgeable responses, folks. I took a risk and went for a supposedly new R290 for £169 with a guarantee on eBay. I couldn't afford either the RX 480 or the R290 new. I have an Enermax Revolution 85+ power supply with the right graphics card connectors.

You're welcome.

And happy gaming with your new card.

I just want to reply myself. My rig is:

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM

GPU: AMD Radeon R290X sapphire

I can say that SE runs pretty smooth on 70 FPS most times. In specific point (and I mean specific, like, really specific, particular patch of grass or rock or something like that) I get low FPS but it's only a game's issue and not a hardware. And lastly, if you get issues making the game run smooth, you can find help here in the forum :)

Unbelievably, I am still having the same problem! I installed a Sapphire Vapor-x R9 290 4gb memory. I tried ENB, read everyone's suggestions - tried things one at a time. on and off in the AMD CCC and the ini files. NG.

Any suggestions? I'm not ready to quit.

Yay! :sad: But have you got the 1.3 update / patch? That solved the Vsync problem for me and some others as far as I can see. You will have to reset the ini settings for Vsync then.

You might also wanna check the global profile in your display driver settings and see if the power management are on? If so? Set it to off as this option set to on is known to make the later Radeon cards to throttle some inside a game. Have you capped the framerate to 60 fps in the driver settings?

Also download Radeon Pro. Make a profile for the SSE exe. and set the Texture LOD Bias to + 0.8 or + 0.6.

In Radeon Pro, set the Flip Sequense que to 1. That might help too.

Edited by goranpaa

That is because people reporting 3GB Vram usage are actually NOT using 3GB of VRam, they are allocating 3GB of VRam.

Take Black Ops 3 for example where there is a specific command for VRam alocation, in the same situation where a 4GB GPU would use 2GB, a 2GB GPU would use 1GB. RAM and VRam usage is not the same on every PC, it's fairly common that a game will use more memory than it needs, happens in every game.

ENB binaries even if you're not using a preset will cause some performance loss so if you're using them delete them (on AMD at least, not sure if on Nvidia too, confirmed by Boris: http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5281&sid=e6d047ce36a0d33cef4bd10017ed3d53), CCC simply doesn't work on games that aren't using DX9 or OpenGL, download RadeonPro and do this:

1) Go into your SkyrimPrefs.ini (Users>Your username>Documents>My Games>SSE) and change iVSyncPresentInterval=1 to 0

2) Make a profile for SkyrimSE.exe in Radeon Pro

3) Under the 'Visual' tab: Vertical Sync Control ticked, 'Always On'

4) Under the 'Tweaks' tab: VSync control: 'Always on' 4a) Triple-buffering ticked 4b) Display refresh rate: 60 Hz 4c) 'Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate' ticked

5) Close MSI Afterburner/RTSS or any OSD (On-Screen Display) program you might have running in the background and launch the game.

Optional: If you're in the 1.3 beta patch, go into Skyrim.ini and type "bLockFramerate=0" under Display.

Download link: http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

Edited by gran172