Food & Shops tab missing from construction menu

Who77

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by and trying to help me with my troublems.

After blowing up the Institue I put FO4 aside for some time and let the fallout from the reactor detonation settle. Now, seeing that Bethesda has finally decided to give us mods directly through their site I figured to dive into the game again and finally giving my settlements a good makeover with all the fascinating new stuff that had been integrated by all the fabulous modders (or so I thought).

First of all I realized that the most acclaimed mods were not available through Bethesda, but hey, I figured installing the mods through the NMM would be just as convenient (not being a big tech-head myself) - what could possibly go wrong! :laugh:

After trying this and that mod I figured okay, now I have the mods I like, let's play. Sadly though, all of a sudden I lacked the structures tab. I have tried some fixes but have not been successful yet to bring the workshop back to full working order.

Here's what I did:

Via Bethesda:

True Storms

Enhanced Blood

Atomic Radio

Unofficial Patch

Installed F4SE & used F4SE Loader only

Installed Home Maker, disabled Bunker & Greenhouses (NMM)

Installed Snap n Build (NMM)

Installed Spring Cleaning (NMM)

Installed Achievements (NMM)

Tested Mods, uninstalled Snap N Build without following the instructions (did not hit uninstall in Pip-Boy, then uninstalled via NMM)

Construction Prefabs Tab gone

Snap n Build fix (Lost Sturctures category fix ) - crafted & used fix-drug - problem persisted

Reinstalled Snap n Build - hit uninstall in Pip Boy - uninstalled mod via NMM - problem persisted

Missing Settlement Categories Fix (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14589/?) - crafted & used fix-drugs - problem persisted

Disabled all other mods - tried both fix-drugs - problem persisted

Downloaded Settlement Objects Extended Fix via Bethesda - used drug, partial success

(construction prefabs are back, but shops & food is still gone, some models of Home Maker Objects do not load, unsure if all objects from home maker are activated)

Changed my .ini files as you normally should do to start with modding ... :geek:

Changes Load order to this:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
unofficial fallout 4 patch.esp=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
SpringCleaning.esm=1
truestormsfo4.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
WorkshopCategoriesFixer.esp=1
dd-enhanced blood basic.esp=1
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp=1
atomicradio.esp=1
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp=0
!Fix_Cages.esp=1
!Fix_Decor.esp=1
!Fix_Decor_DisplayCases.esp=1
!Fix_Decor_Floors.esp=1
!Fix_Decor_Nukaworld.esp=1
!Fix_Decor_Vault.esp=1
!Fix_Decor_WallDecor.esp=1
!Fix_Furniture.esp=1
!Fix_MainMenu_im_not_sure_why_u_need_that_one.esp=1
!Fix_Power.esp=1
!Fix_Power_Manufacturing.esp=1
!Fix_Power_Neon.esp=1
!Fix_Raider.esp=1
!Fix_Resource.esp=1
!Fix_Resource_Defence_emmm.esp=1
!Fix_Structures.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_BallTrack.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Barn.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_BoxCars.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Concrete.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Fences.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Metal.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Scaffolding.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Vault.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Warehouse.esp=1
!Fix_Structures_Wood.esp=1
!Fix_Vendors.esp=1
soepack_vanillamenufixer.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power SKE.esp=1
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects SKE.esp=1

Tested Drugs again - no success.

So here I am, dont know how to get it all working again.

Any idea how I can continue my journey through the wastes and building new settlements with food and shops with my lvl 99 adventurer?

Your help is very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

This tutorial has a universal menu fixer in the files section that you can try. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12192/

Friendly advice, many of the really popular settlement mods that add items to the workshop menu are now using injection scripts to add their items to reduce conflicts. Unfortunately this means that you must always follow their uninstall directions so that you don't mess up your workshop menu. Most will tell you that they are using injected menus on their description pages, but the safe rule of thumb these days is to assume that any mod which adds items to the workshop menu may require special uninstall methods. :)

Thank you, Fuhrer Cat, I stumbled upon that one but did not quite get how it could help me. I assume I should disable the mods active in building, get the automatic quest thingies, run it, reactivate the building mod, deactivate the reset script quest and that should reset my menus, correct?

I don't know why I didn't notice before now that your mod list is still showing the fixers from other mods. I see WorkshopCategoriesFixer.esp=1, !Fix_xxxx, soepack_vanillamenufixer.esp=1 Go ahead and uninstall all of them.

Uninstall all the mods that add/change stuff to the settlement menus such as Settlement Keywords, Homemaker, Snap N Build. Make sure you get all the Homemaker esps removed.

The universal menu fixer is an esp that you install and run for at least several minutes. It will block all mod script added items from appearing while that esp is running, but you won't have any mods that add that anyway. Verify that your vanilla menu is fixed, then save and exit to desktop. Uninstall the universal menu fixer esp. Then reload the exit save you made and verify that you still have vanilla menus. Once verified that your vanilla menus are still there, exit to desktop. Then you can reinstall your settlement mods like Homemaker etc. Just make sure that you follow all their directions for installing carefully so you make sure you get the right files for compatibility. Snap N Build uses an injection script menu, Homemaker will in the future but doesn't at this time. So it was probably uninstalling Snap N Build without using the uninstall holotape that broke your menu.

Thanks for the hint, I missed that there was a fix as well. Sadly though, even after 10 minutes there was no change to my menus. Food & shops are missing, and I do not know - are raider items, cages, warehouses Vanilla items??? Otherwise, even uninstall did not help.

What would happen if I reinstalled the game?

Reinstalling the game won't make a difference if you try to use the same save game file because I believe the menu changes get baked into the save game file itself. Starting a new game should fix it. So, if the last set of directions I posted didn't help, then something is borked with your save game file because with the various menu fixes uninstalled and your settlement mods uninstalled, the universal menu fix should have reset things to normal. So either you missed a step in my directions or your save game is really broken. Try starting a new game, exit the vault and check Sanctuary workshop.to see if it has everything it should.

Ha! I did a backup of the savegames :P

The old files work. Now let's see.

Should I use Settlements keywords extended for Home Maker or is this unnecessary?

I would really like to install these mods:

True Storms

Enhanced Blood

Atomic Radio

Unofficial Patch

Home Maker

Spring Cleaning

Achievements (and F4SE, I guess)

Lowered Weapons

I just looked at the Homemaker and SKE pages both and SKE uses a script now instead of modifying the vanilla menu whereas Homemaker without SKE does modify vanilla menus and is therefore more likely to be incompatible with other mods. So I suggest using Homemaker with SKE for now until the Homemaker mod author updates it to an injection menu.

Damanding, slowly I am losing my faith.

I got my savegame backup, load, everything perfect.

Installed Home Maker, SKE & HOme Maker Patch, and all the other stuff - no food & shops!

Why those two, I wonder?

Load order:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
SpringCleaning.esm=1
truestormsfo4.esm=1
unofficial fallout 4 patch.esp=1
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp=0
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects SKE.esp=1
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp=1
dd-enhanced blood basic.esp=1
atomicradio.esp=1

I saw one comment on Homemaker that someone else was missing food as well. It may be that mod that's causing it unfortunately. Try it without that mod, use the universal fixer if needed. See if you can run everything but that mod and get your food back.