398 replies to this topic

werterdert1

werterdert1

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
Hello :)

Do you plan to make a compatibility patch for "Holds - The city Overhaul"?
I am asking this because some shops are perfectly compatible, but some others in cities that Holds changes completely, like Falkreath and Dawnstar, aren't. I like the details that you add so much :)

Regular

• Account closed
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
This mod + ELFX made my game like an Fantasy fake Rpg game and i upload a photo i hope your accept that and no offense but that screenshot better then yours if you compare two ^^

mattwoodmansee

mattwoodmansee

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
In response to post #90396878.

Spoiler

Thx your screenshot looks great nice game!!!

mattwoodmansee

mattwoodmansee

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
If you are getting the error that the filename is too long, this is a Windows error.   Windows does not like long file names.
Some of the rug textures that I used from the Modders Resources have very long filenames.  There is nothing I can do about this as it is how the resource is packaged.

To circumvent the error message: Please ensure you have your mod manager installed in the root directory.  Example of the wrong install would be C:\ProgramFiles\NMM  or
C:\ProgramFiles\Mod Organizer.

The root directory is C:\NMM or D:\NMM or whatever drive you prefer on your own end.

I have not experienced this error ever myself and maybe a dozen or so people have had this happen.   Posting this sticky hoping it works for everyone.  

Edited by mattwoodmansee, 23 February 2021 - 12:02 AM.

oelarnes

oelarnes

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts
Hi there, with a default mod directory setting of C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager, and using the manual download option, the longest file path goes to 262 characters, 2 over the max. If you were to shorten the name of the package by 3 characters it would work without changes (since NMM extracts based on the package name into VirtualInstall). Otherwise, users can just use mod manager download or rename the package file a bit shorter to fix. Thank you for the mod.

Another minor note is that it is not the installation directory that matters but the mod directory as defined in the app settings.

editing that mod manager download also avoids the issue

Edited by oelarnes, 24 February 2021 - 04:48 PM.

VanoxPlay

VanoxPlay

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
we need a patch for palaces and castles pls!

PandemuLord

PandemuLord

• Premium Member
  • 10 posts
In response to post #91015603. #95178853 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I'm having the same issue that others have been having where it says the filename is too long and will not install the mod.  I tried unzipping, finding and shortening the filename listed in the above comment, and re-compressing, adding, and installing.  No luck, still the same error.  I have so many mods installed already, I don't know a simple way to change the mod manager mod directory.  As far as "editing mod manager download," or shortening the name of the package, which filenames am I looking to shorten, or how do I edit the mod manager download to successfully be able to install the mod?  Thanks in advance for the help, hoping to figure out the issue and learn how to edit the mod manager download/rename the package file.

EDIT: I just went into the package and renamed the first two folders "textures" to "txt" and "meshes" to "msh" and that shortened each file by the necessary characters.  A little tacky, but it worked for whoever else runs into the same problem.

Edited by PandemuLord, 14 July 2021 - 12:21 AM.

RichardHearts

RichardHearts

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is this compatible with Palaces and Castles? Is Farengar's room gonna be a problem?

mattwoodmansee

mattwoodmansee

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
In response to post #91015603. #95178853, #96842453 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

the sticky post (posts at the top of each page of comments) explains how to circumvent this issue. 

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.009 seconds