Can't Change Njada's Hair

2much4l1

I've successfully edited the hair and face of many other NPCs, but for some reason Njada is problematic.

First tried to give her an Apachii hair style, but the dark face bug was only fixed by deleting her mesh facegeom file.

The change npc weight fix didn't stick after a cell change or save load. Ctrl + F4 in the CK had no effect.

Then gave her a new vanilla hair style and changed her hair color to black. Her hair color changed, but not the style and the dark face bug returned. Deleted mesh facegeom file again.

Her CK created esp is at the bottom of my load order. Looking at the esp in TESSEdit shows it to be the conflict winner with other mods.

Edits in the esp that are sticking are changes to her outfit to remove the helmet, skin tone, face tints and face morphs. Not the hair and hair color.

Really curious about why Njada's hair is so difficult for me to change. Thanks for any help!

Hmm... I've edited Njada for KS Hairdos Lite and didn't have any specific problems with her - I changed her default armor so that she's not wearing that helmet too.

I just applied the KS hair from my mod, generated her .nif and tintmask with ctrl+F4, bundled them in a .bsa (after testing) and that was it - no harder than any of the other NPCs.

I would check your .esp in TES5Edit though - sometimes stuff like custom tintlayers end up in there that are best deleted.