Is there anything similar to "don't call me settler"?

cossayos

I don't know the exact technical details, I just know the NW broke it badly, it was patched and worked for awhile and then I believe at least one if not more later Bethesda patches broke it again. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant re-write has become necessary to work around Bugthesda's convoluted crap that they've been releasing lately.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the old versions are still working reasonably well as long as you're using it on vanilla settlers. Edited to add: But the author probably decided to still do a re-write because it's not handling some stuff correctly.

Edited by damanding

I don't have access to the comments and my memory maybe isn't the greatest, but I'm telling you that I remember it's been broken by updates more than once in the last few months. Obviously the mod author felt there was sufficient reason to take it down while they work on it. Is it really necessary for us to armchair argue over it? :tongue:

From what I recall of the comments earlier this month, it wasn't something so simple that would show up upon installation, but more something behind the scenes that gradually broke down over time and eventually led to a number of different, serious issues, like no longer being able to command affected settlers.

From what I recall of the comments earlier this month, it wasn't something so simple that would show up upon installation, but more something behind the scenes that gradually broke down over time and eventually led to a number of different, serious issues, like no longer being able to command affected settlers.

So, you're saying that after attacking a settlement that you once set up, the settlers shun you? If that's the case, it's to be expected. Look at how Preston acts towards you. Look how the other traders act towards you if you rob Trashcan Carla. It all adds up to how the game works. Nothing to do with the mod.

I was one of the many people that DCMS bugged out for. It was working fine for me and others up until about a month after NW released.

The problem was that every settlement you had went into complete shutdown:

Unable to assign settlers to anything; farming, guard posts, etc.

Unable to send settlers or companions to any other settlement.

Unable to harvest any food and food, water, caps, etc. stopped accumulating.

Settlement happiness also froze, would'nt go up or down.

The Holotape for the mod stopped responding and you could'nt change anything.

All the extras (attack warnings, etc.) stopped working.

Basically, it made settlements not a part of the game anymore.

The worst part was it was unable to be uninstalled without an instant CTD, so any save game you had while it was installed was corrupted.

Nuka World indeed nuked it for a lot of us unfortunate ones.