[LE] Is it possible to remove soot?

DaisyMilona

I am currently in the process of refurnishing the burned out Dark Brotherhood Falkreath Sanctuary, and I have a problem removing the soot in the entrance hall and master bedroom (and the smoke in the secret chamber behind the master bedroom). Is there a console command to remove these? I tried 'markfordelete' on the soot and then reloading, but appearantly it doesnt work on that. Does anyone know how to remove this? Thanks!

Try using the scroll wheel on the mouse after clicking on what you want to disable. Many times there are hidden FX items such as fog or mist or lighting effects whatever in a location that is preventing an object from being selected. The mouse wheel will scroll thru various object IDs that are under the mouse pointer when clicked when you have the console open.

Try using the scroll wheel on the mouse after clicking on what you want to disable. Many times there are hidden FX items such as fog or mist or lighting effects whatever in a location that is preventing an object from being selected. The mouse wheel will scroll thru various object IDs that are under the mouse pointer when clicked when you have the console open.

Doing this isn't revealing anything either :(

The command you're looking for is MarkForDelete

Warning: This is permanent within the save ... there is no getting it back ...

So, save a master or before save you can always go back to.

Then take a stab at it save that then reload to see if you got it and so on.

This is the first thing I tried, but it doesn't work because I can't find the code..

Your issue seems to be actually selecting the reference not which command to run (i recomend disable since it's safer, the result is the same i.e. the object is gone and no warnings, no save & reloading, no fuss)

Yes, this is the problem I'm having, and the reason I made this topic. My apologies if my original explanation wasn't very good, English isn't my native language. Let me try again.

I want to remove al the soot/ash stains and the blood stains throughout the ruined Falkreath sanctuary. I have tried both the 'markfordelete' and the 'disable' command, however, I can't find the ID (code) that I'm supposed to remove. So these commands will only remove the ground or the walls themselves (well, they get deleted along with the things I'm trying to remove, but that leaves me with the problem of not having any floors). If I delete objects that were affected by the stains, and replace them, it will only work until I reload the cell. As soon as I do that all the soot/ashes/blood will be placed on top of them again. I tried the suggestion with the scrolling, but this didn't reveal a code either.

I hope this cleared it up a bit more, if not, I'll try again!

The huge problem with any type of click and remove from the Console Mode is, most all objects are in back of others a some point.
If you use FrankFamily's suggestion of Disable you can also use Enable if you happen to make a mistake. Object number is displayed
on the top of the Console Mode part of the screen when an object is selected with a left mouse click from Console Mode.
You could just Enable it and try again if you miss ( as long as you don't click off it after ).
The "best" way to do this would be to create a personal mod with the Creation Kit.

Load the game up and create a save point ( MasterSave )
( Standing right in front of the Dark Brotherhood door, not in the cell )
Exit the game ... Start the Creation Kit.
Left click on the top left most folder icon ( Load Master/Plugin Files ).
Note: Select the [ Toggle Lights ] icon from that bar. No others should be active.
A Data window will open ...
Double left click the box in front of Updates.esm ( [X] Update.esm ).
Click OK.
From the window named Cell View ...
Scroll down the left hand EditorID column,
Select: DarkBrotherhoodSanctuary. ( Double Left click )
Click the top bar of the [ Free camera, perspective ] window ...
Hold [ Left Shift ] down and move mouse to rotate the cell view.
Hold [ Middle Mouse ] down to move the cell view.
Spin [ Mouse Wheel ] to zoom in and zoom out.
Toggle [ M key ] to hide Triggers and Markers
Left click an Object and the rotate view will center off it.
( in this case there is a lot of mist that will get in the way )
You can hide and object from view by selecting it with a left click
then pressing the 1 key (not from the number pad) two times.
The F5 key will redraw all objects.
Remove an Object by selecting it with a left click then pressing the Delete key.
Once you have made the edits Left click the Disc Icon from the top bar [ Save Pluggin ].
Type in the name of your custom mod followed by .esp [ YourModName.esp ].
Then just activate the mod as any other mod from the SkyrimLauncher menu.
Load the Master Save and check your work. Without saving in game.
If everything is the way you want it and you are completely done editing,
you can move on from the Master Save ( without any errors and play as normal ).
However it you still want to make any adjustments you will need to always come back to
the Master Save after editing until you are completely done editing.
( even if you wish to re-edit months later after playing )
Not as hard as it sounds ...
When reloading the Custom Mod in the Creation Kit it's the same as above
substituting your mod name rather then the Update.esm ...
---
A Data window will open ...
Double left click the box in front of YourModName.esp ( [X] YourModName.esp ).
Click OK.
---
If you make any mistakes while editing Exit the Creation Kit
without saving and just reload.
To remove the mod just delete it from the Skyrim/Data folder.
This cell is also very complex with many Markers and scripts you will need to be very careful while editing.
I would suggest trying a few house creation tutorials to get acquainted with the Creation Kit better.
Then adding on to the cell with the objects there to make your own rooms.
:smile: mass respect for whoever put that masterpiece of a cell together.

However, in this cell ... ( DarkBrotherhoodSanctuary ) ...
The Mist objects are all linked to XMarkers controlling their Enable/Disable state in game via scripts.
This is part of the design of the room. If you wish to remove them using Disable from the console, in this case
it will reverse the object state or have no effect as it's state is controlled from the XMarker and a script.
If you are not ready to take on the Creation Kit this can still be done using the Console Mode.

I'm guessing this is one of the areas ...
http://i.imgur.com/SHqI00j.png
I know this this the Mist/Smoke as I can't Disable it ...
( due to it being linked to a XMarker and script keeping it Enabled )
Notice: the arrow left click made the object number appear on the top of the Console Mode window.
http://i.imgur.com/Bk2dWx1.png
So, I use MarkForDelete ...
http://i.imgur.com/uP2m9rb.png
Then I need to Save and Reload right where I am ...
http://i.imgur.com/PTrb4SS.png
Mist permanently removed from the save ...
http://i.imgur.com/njkvszJ.png
After Disabling soot and some clutter I repeated to remove more mist ...
http://i.imgur.com/hJnhhAV.png
Oops disabled the dresser, something I wanted ...
http://i.imgur.com/yKBP2M3.png
Simply Enable it as I never clicked anything else yet ...
( toggling the Console Mode with the ~ key to reset the dresser )
http://i.imgur.com/S63oW6W.png
I had to once again use MarkForDelete to remove the lager dresser ...
http://i.imgur.com/TyOU1Co.png

In the end after you have Disabled the objects you wish to remove they are in fact still there
and in memory for the cell loaded. If I am sure the objects I removed were not needed by anything
else in the game ( exp: a quest item or a trigger object ) using the MarkForDelete will remove them
completely for the cell in that save. It's just a matter of using Disable finding the object you wish to remove
Enabling it then use MarkForDelete. Once you save and reload they will be gone.
All that said ...
This is a rare case where the creator of the cell chose to set the Mist to a XMarker and script forcing
it's Enabled state. The XMarker attached to the Mist is named "DBSanc_DB10PostFire_Enable".
So ... You may want to keep a back save in case there is something else linked to the Mist itself.
However after looking at the cell and the way everything is set to Markers. I don't see anything linked off the Mist.
Without really looking into the scripts as to why this Mist was set to a script I would have to assume at
some point it it was made that way to toggle for some reason as many Objects are linked to the same XMarker.
But, as long as the Mist itself has nothing linked to it I see no reason it can't be removed ...
As you can see many Objects are linked to this XMarker.
Clearly there is a scripted event that toggles them for some reason.
http://i.imgur.com/8UNespA.png
I myself mod to much and have never actually been in this cell in game ( I know, I know ).
But, without spoiling it for myself, I'd guess there is a change in the area for scripted reasons.
( maybe a fire of some type or a secret passageway opening change to the way the cell looks )
Again as long as there is nothing linked to the Mist itself, I see no reason the Mist can't be removed.
The Disable method will work most the time and the disabled objects really don't eat up that much memory.
It's just a matter of how you feel about having disabled objects there. If there was some type of game clash
with the objects being gone then it would be for the best not to even mess with them in any form.
And ... the reason you're having problems removing the Soot is the Mist is in the way.
Making it very hard to actually select it to Disable or remove from the Console Mode.
Sometimes you are able to use TFC ( the free cam ) command and place the view right
on the Object you want to Disable and click select it that way... ( in this case the soot )
If you keep clicking around till you see the number change then test to see if that the one
with a Disable / Enable command as you go ...
---
Anywho ...
In this case: The command you're looking for is MarkForDelete ( for the Mist ... ).
Edited by NexusComa