[LE] Is it possible to remove soot?

DaisyMilona

Did you really just called me Newbie or i'm not understanding your sentence because im not native? I really hope it's the latter and i'm going to act as if that is the case.

There is zero benefits of using MarkForDelete over disable and disable is safer and you don't have to save and reload and you have enable if you make a mistake.

Only in the event that the object you are trying to remove has an enable parent then maybe markfordelete works (never tested that myself).

Recomending generally the usage of markfordelete for that specific case is not the way to go.

I usually skip mists and other stuff with tfc getting very close to the object and from different angles instead of deleting...

Umm no, I called the guy named Newbie by his name ...

And I agree in most cases. However this isn't one of them.

As you can see he has no choice but to use MarkForDelete on the Mist.

That is why I stated that in the first place ... for the Mist and you can't get

to the soot without taking care of the Mist first.

"I usually skip mists and other stuff with tfc getting very close to the object and from different angles instead of deleting..."

I also suggested that .. however the Mist is set really low and it's impossible to get to

some of the soot objects on the floor due to that and he also asked how to remove the Mist.

"There is zero benefits of using MarkForDelete over disable"

Actually once you select anything else you may as well used MarkForDelete.

I wouldn't do it that way anyways as I would use the Creation Kit ...

I did the console thing before I learned how to use the Creation Kit.

Later in the game I ended up with a bad save and messed it all up.

Never again will I use the Console Mode. Not gonna get that week back.

"I really hope it's the latter and i'm going to act as if that is the case"

Please don't be toxic, the goal here is to help others, Sir ...

Clearly I've taken the time to research my answers and tried to

cover all the bases ( this seems to be a pattern with you towards me ).

Edited by NexusComa

Yes the problem with markfordelete is you may not know what you are deleting. That's why i wouldn't recommend it like "use markfordelete" without further explanation which was your first post, that's not covering all bases. Disable/enable to test what you are actually selecting and then markfordelete: perfect. Or a little plugin even better.

Toxic? wtf

I suggest Disable, i read "If you use Newbie's suggestion of Disable" and get totally shocked.

Asking if you called me Newbie because that is what i get from that sentence makes me toxic?

"Umm no, I called the guy named Newbie by his name ..."

Who's called Newbie here? this makes zero sense.

What exactly is that pattern of me towards you btw?

Once again I see you are gonna turn this post

into a troll fest :sad: ... I'll bite one last time on this post.

As for the Newbie, Apparently I misread the name AdisyMilona as

it says "Newbie" under his name, my bad and lol :wink:.

"Asking if you called me Newbie because that is what i get from that sentence makes me toxic?"

Again sorry for the misunderstanding ... However, this isn't the first time you have gone into a text rage over

something I've said while trying my best to help someone else ( if your fix was correct I would have never posted ).

"Yes the problem with markfordelete is you may not know what you are deleting. That's why i wouldn't recommend it like "use markfordelete" without further explanation, disable/enable to test and the markfordelete: perfect. Or a little plugin ofc."

"The command you're looking for is MarkForDelete

Warning: This is permanent within the save ... there is no getting it back ...

So, save a master or before save you can always go back to.

Then take a stab at it save that then reload to see if you got it and so on."

Explaining the problems of using MarkForDelete ( knowing this is the only way in the case )

"And ... the reason you're having problems removing the Soot is the Mist is in the way.
Making it very hard to actually select it to Disable or remove from the Console Mode.
Sometimes you are able to use TFC ( the free cam ) command and place the view right
on the Object you want to Disable and click select it that way... ( in this case the soot )
If you keep clicking around till you see the number change then test to see if that the one
with a Disable / Enable command as you go ..."
Again, a huge explanation, this time of the values of Disable and Enable.
"In the end after you have Disabled the objects you wish to remove they are in fact still there
and in memory for the cell loaded. If I am sure the objects I removed were not needed by anything
else in the game ( exp: a quest item or a trigger object ) using the MarkForDelete will remove them
completely for the cell in that save. It's just a matter of using Disable finding the object you wish to remove
Enabling it then use MarkForDelete. Once you save and reload they will be gone."
Once again more in depth explanation of MarkForDelete and how to use it a bit safely.
"The "best" way to do this would be to create a personal mod with the Creation Kit."
My honest opinion of using the Console for anything ( including MarkForDelete ).
I hope this banter is what you are looking for as this isn't helping anyone ...
Nor do I honestly feel the need to explain myself to you as that post was pretty extensive.
Though you seem to demand it. You obviously feel Disable is the way to go, I apparently do not.
I gave my reasoning and clearly explained the hazards and my feeling on it's values. Can we agree
to disagree without all the posts arguing over merits. I gave examples of both. I have agreed most
the time Disable may be the better choice if you are new to this stuff or don't really understand it.
Or what you may be removing, repeatedly in my posts. So with that I'll leave you to your plight.
Keep in mind I would have never suggested MarkForDelete without knowing in this case it was
the only way from the Console Mode to remove the Mist as asked ...
I in no way was I trying to discredit your statement or calling you a Newbie. It is with my deepest
sympathy you took it that way. With a bit of research into the cell and problem stated, I merely
posted the correct command to use for the Mist removal problem. Have a nice day sir. This will be
my last post to you on this post for someone else's question. Please save us all the rebuttal.
"I suggest Disable, i read "If you use Newbie's suggestion of Disable" and get totally shocked."
I may have felt shocked to, seriously bad misread there ... Maybe next time you could voice you
rage to me in a PM to my account here and save us all these text walls. I would have removed
that part of the post as I don't think you're a Newbie and didn't mean and disrespect ...
( I will edit that post )
Edited by NexusComa

Once again I see you are gonna turn this post
into a troll fest :sad: ... I'll bite one last time on this post.

As for the Newbie, Apparently I misread the name AdisyMilona as
it says "Newbie" under his name, my bad and lol :wink:.

"Asking if you called me Newbie because that is what i get from that sentence makes me toxic?"[/size]

Again sorry for the misunderstanding ... However, this isn't the first time you have gone into a text rage over[/size]
something I've said while trying my best to help someone else ( if your fix was correct I would have never posted ). [/size]

"Yes the problem with markfordelete is you may not know what you are deleting. That's why i wouldn't recommend it like "use markfordelete" without further explanation, disable/enable to test and the markfordelete: perfect. Or a little plugin ofc."[/size]

...[/size]

"The command you're looking for is MarkForDelete
Warning: This is permanent within the save ... there is no getting it back ...
So, save a master or before save you can always go back to.
Then take a stab at it save that then reload to see if you got it and so on."

Explaining the problems of using MarkForDelete ( knowing this is the only way in the case )

"In the end after you have Disabled the objects you wish to remove they are in fact still there
and in memory for the cell loaded. If I am sure the objects I removed were not needed by anything
else in the game ( exp: a quest item or a trigger object ) using the MarkForDelete will remove them
completely for the cell in that save. It's just a matter of using Disable finding the object you wish to remove
Enabling it then use MarkForDelete. Once you save and reload they will be gone."

A huge explanation of the MarkForDelete and it's uses.

"And ... the reason you're having problems removing the Soot is the Mist is in the way.
Making it very hard to actually select it to Disable or remove from the Console Mode.
Sometimes you are able to use TFC ( the free cam ) command and place the view right
on the Object you want to Disable and click select it that way... ( in this case the soot )
If you keep clicking around till you see the number change then test to see if that the one
with a Disable / Enable command as you go ..."

Again, a huge explanation, this time of the values of Disable and Enable.

Once again more in depth explanation of MarkForDelete and how to use it a bit safely.

"The "best" way to do this would be to create a personal mod with the Creation Kit."

My honest opinion of using the Console for anything ( including MarkForDelete ).

I hope this banter is what you are looking for as this isn't helping anyone ...
Nor do I honestly feel the need to explain myself to you as that post was pretty extensive.
Though you seem to demand it. You obviously feel Disable is the way to go, I apparently do not.
I gave my reasoning and clearly explained the hazards and my feeling on it's values. Can we agree
to disagree without all the posts arguing over merits. I gave examples of both. I have agreed most
the time Disable may be the better choice if you are new to this stuff or don't really understand it.
Or what you may be removing, repeatedly in my posts. So with that I'll leave you to your plight.

Keep in mind I would have never suggested MarkForDelete without knowing in this case it was
the only way from the Console Mode to remove the Mist as asked ...

I in no way was I trying to discredit your statement or calling you a Newbie. It is with my deepest
sympathy you took it that way. With a bit of research into the cell and problem stated, I merely
posted the correct command to use for the Mist removal problem. Have a nice day sir. This will be
my last post to you on this post for someone else's question. Please save us all the rebuttal.

"I suggest Disable, i read "If you use Newbie's suggestion of Disable" and get totally shocked."

I may have felt shocked to, seriously bad misread there ... Maybe next time you could voice you
rage to me in a PM to my account here and save us all these text walls. As I would have removed
that part of the post as I don't think you're a Newbie and didn't mean and disrespect ...
( I will edit that post )

Reading through the posts I have a question. The OP said they want to make a mod that refurbishes the Falkreath Sanctuary. Could they not duplicate the cell, remove all the stuff they do not want, like the "x-markers" that are linked for the vanilla quest, add a door that is disabled until the Dark Brotherhood quest and the Thieves Guild quest "No Stone Unturned" is completed, and disable the orignal door. All this can be done with a rather easy quest.

I have done something similar to this in my Forgotten Island mod where empty cluttered houses have been restored to livable abodes after a certain quest stage has been completed.

Edited by Aragorn58

Lets go through the facts without breaking the timeline.

1/ The OP asked how to remove "soot" which i had too google and understood as one of those piles of dirt in the game.

2/ I recommended the usage of disable (not realising at the time his problem was actually selecting) since he said he directly tried markfordelete.

3/ you recommended markfordelete WITHOUT explanation

4/ I realised and said his problem was selecting and added why i recommend the GENERAL usage of disable over markfordelete for removing unwanted items. Didn't said a single thing towards you i may add.

5/ You explained the whole thing, great explanation in depth btw. And by mistake thought the op was called newbie and phrased that in a way that I understood as you calling me newbie what given the context WOULD be massively condescending, therefore my reaction.

6/ I said what i said trying to express minimal rage but with some sarcasm (I could have asummed it was a mistake, my bad)

Then added the tlc thing i should have said by point 4 of this list i now see.

7/ "Please don't be toxic", prejudices coming out and really weak explanation of the misunderstanding.

8/ Me being even more shocked.

9/ Misunderstanding explained, but with "Once again I see you are gonna turn this post into a troll fest" and manipulation of the timeline.

10/ Mindblown, can't skip the rebuttal i'm afraid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really know where stuff like this comes from:

"Once again I see you are gonna turn this post

into a troll fest :sad: ... I'll bite one last time on this post."

"However, this isn't the first time you have gone into a text rage over

something I've said while trying my best to help someone else"

"Clearly I've taken the time to research my answers and tried to

cover all the bases ( this seems to be a pattern with you towards me )."

"I hope this banter is what you are looking for as this isn't helping anyone ...

I don't have the greatest memory but i don't remember fighting with you, sorry if i have text-raged you in the past for trying to help others. For example here you are taking "Did you really just called me Newbie or i'm not understanding your sentence because im not native? I really hope it's the latter and i'm going to act as if that is the case." as text-raging. I think it's a tad exageration. I think it's a pretty reasonable response caused by a mistake YOU made.

I'm not looking for any banter, i was helping, you were helping, there was a misunderstanding and then YOU scalated it for some reason.

This would have been enough: "As for the Newbie, Apparently I misread the name AdisyMilona as it says "Newbie" under his name, my bad and lol"

Or just saying you didn't meant to call me that.

Something that could have been perfectly explained here without the need to hide it in PMs because it didn't have to be turned into this.

I really don't see what's your problem here, cool down a bunch. You wrote something by mistake, i understood it as you calling me newbie (it was what was literally written), i was shocked (did NOT insult you, did NOT raged at all), you explained the misunderstanding and everybody to it's own. It could have been just that instead of all your text walls, the scalation for no reason, the banter YOU have made and all this prejudices you have on me for whatever reason, given what you consider text rage (the reaction to a mistake on your end) i doubt there is a real reason for those.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the actual matter, im not against markfordelete but in my opinion, disable should be the first choice since you have enable in case you select the wrong thing, no save reloading fuss. And markfordelete should be left for when disable doesn't work (having an enable parent i guess would be the case)

Using disable/enable to test and then markfordelete is another way to do it (definitely faster than making a mistake with markfordelete and having to reload), i personally just leave stuff disabled forever. Not that there is a real difference in performance from a few disabled objects to those deleted.

guys guys, please don't argue in my topic. It was a simple misunderstanding (probably caused because my forum title is 'newbie'). I really appreciate all the suggestions and help you've already given me! As of the matter of the 'markfordelete' versus 'disable', I usually use disable first to check what I've selected. If that selected thing is some junk I want to remove I enable it again and then use the 'markfordelete' command.

Because of all the suggestions I've been able to remove all the smoke, and at the moment I'm trying to remove the soot. No luck yet, but I'm not giving up. The duplication tip might work, so let's see if I can figure out the creation kit.

@Aragorn58

"Reading through the posts I have a question. The OP said they want to make a mod that refurbishes the Falkreath Sanctuary. Could they not duplicate the cell, remove all the stuff they do not want, like the "x-markers" that are linked for the vanilla quest, add a door that is disabled until the Dark Brotherhood quest and the Thieves Guild quest "No Stone Unturned" is completed, and disable the orignal door. All this can be done with a rather easy quest.

I have done something similar to this in my Forgotten Island mod where empty cluttered houses have been restored to livable abodes after a certain quest stage has been completed."

This is a great ideal. Given the fact this cell is so very complex and directly tied to the game. This is one of them all pro put together cells

Something a mod maker can really study and learn from. The use of XMarkers and scripts is at the highest level here.

@FrankFamily

We are done sir ... Yes this is far from the first time.

I've even sent a few complaints over this in the past.

I know you like to play the innocent poster but, the

fact is you're just trolling at some point ...

Trolling on a site meant help others is toxic.

"Frankly" the only reason I'm not a premium member.

@DaisyMilona

Can you post a picture of the soot in question. I noticed some of the walls in that cell also have what looks like the soot as apart of them.

You may have come across that. There should be no other reason you can't remove what you are looking to remove in the cell.

To duplicate the cell is kind of a hard road as you will need to learn many things to pull it off correctly. That said, depending on

how far you are going to go with your refurbishments it may be the better choice. The real reason I say that is I have done the same

thing you're doing in the past only to end up later corrupting my only save to it ... Very heartbreaking.

However, I can see the appeal of this cell. If you're just dropping in a few choice items and removing a few things I don't see the harm.

Editing that back room is kind of out of the way of the scripts involved here. Duplicating this cell would not include the NPC's and all

the scripted detail this cell has. Even my best home mod is a lonely place to dwell ...

At this point I'm very interested in why the Mist was set to a script in the first place. Clearly the designer of this cell is a master.

The last picture I posted is proof of how deep the design is here. many many scripted events are going on. I don't know your level

of knowledge with the Creation Kit. I would at least try to find the things here you're wishing to remove, if only to see it they

shouldn't be touched. No way you can hurt anything from the Creation Kit as long as you don't save or add a mod that has

changed things in the cell. So, rip it up ... :wink:

Edited by NexusComa

truly sorry for this daisymilona, last thing i say here.

toxic? trolling? what fantasy do you have in your mind? seriously, im not playing s#*!, you called me newbie (because you read OPs title and asummed that was my name? so you dont have my name clear but have all this prejudice? who believes that? wtf...) and im the one trolling?

i was here helping to the best of my knowledge and you for reason have an internal need to prove others wrong and answer to all questions even if you dont know a thing about the subject (there are cases, not this one but others) the answer being wrong in many cases. Everybody would appreciate it if you just answered to what you know.

Therefore, boosted with all that made-up prejudices you had to scalate something that was nothing at all into an absurd one sided fight to insult me repeatedly.

dont put that as excuse for not going premium phantomphally 2.0, thats lame. its curious how similar you two are, the only two users i've had a real problem in this comunity with identical arguments and even way of speaking, and it would explain the surprisingly hostile attitude of your nexuscoma side, seriously, anyone outside would asume its the same person with two accounts, both for trolling. have i hit the nail?

if not then go be friend of that guy, equal personality, i guess toxic + toxic conter each other, maybe....

im out, good luck with your rotten inner-self, karma does exist and the last part of your user name is very bad-luck-tempting.