[LE] Is it possible to remove soot?

DaisyMilona

@DaisyMilona

Can you post a picture of the soot in question. I noticed some of the walls in that cell also have what looks like the soot as apart of them.

You may have come across that. There should be no other reason you can't remove what you are looking to remove in the cell.

To duplicate the cell is kind of a hard road as you will need to learn many things to pull it off correctly. That said, depending on

how far you are going to go with your refurbishments it may be the better choice. The real reason I say that is I have done the same

thing you're doing in the past only to end up later corrupting my only save to it ... Very heartbreaking.

However, I can see the appeal of this cell. If you're just dropping in a few choice items and removing a few things I don't see the harm.

Editing that back room is kind of out of the way of the scripts involved here. Duplicating this cell would not include the NPC's and all

the scripted detail this cell has. Even my best home mod is a lonely place to dwell ...

At this point I'm very interested in why the Mist was set to a script in the first place. Clearly the designer of this cell is a master.

The last picture I posted is proof of how deep the design is here. many many scripted events are going on. I don't know your level

of knowledge with the Creation Kit. I would at least try to find the things here you're wishing to remove, if only to see it they

shouldn't be touched. No way you can hurt anything from the Creation Kit as long as you don't save or add a mod that has

changed things in the cell. So, rip it up ... :wink:

Well, my experience with the creation kit is exactly zero, wich is exactly why I hoped I could do this all by console.

(the added pics are a bit big, sorry, I didn't know how to make them smaller)

Here is a picture of what I was trying to remove:

http://i68.tinypic.com/ncl4pv.jpg

All the black stains, and the blood as well. I used your previous suggestions to get rid of the mist, so one is already removed :)

What do you mean by 'editing that back room'? Because that room is one of the area's where I encountered the least problems. It's beginning to look quite nice, in fact (if I do say so myself!)

http://i66.tinypic.com/rtdfdt.jpg

Ok, I'm looking right at the spot in the editor ... I don't see any black spots. But, I do see a lot of oil pools.

So, I take it the black spots were made when when the oil pools started on fire ... That may make them added decals.

You may be able to cover them. PeltFloor02 (77773), NorRmSmMid01 (13F81). ( perfectly square and a perfect match for the floor. )

Nice job on the room ... You have talent. You need to get in that Kit and shine ...

Start out with one like this:

Once you get down the basics of the Kit. You will never want to go back to the console.

I'm sure you can get that down in a few days! World of possibilities after that.

Also: If they indeed are decals from the fire they may disappear over game time.

Try stepping out and waiting a 4 or 5 days then step back in. It could also be the game

only puts down so many decals. Maybe you could try burning marks on a wall till they

disappear ... who knows ... I've seen the game do this in the past ...

Edited by NexusComa