Help diagnosing intermittent CTDs every 5~15 minutes while walking around after installed ETaC + Helgen Reborn + Frontier Fortress?

Xen0nex

Thanks for all the help so far! I ended up gong back to the point before I started installing this batch of mods, and went through more slowly and systematically; first switching from USKP to USLEEP, getting it stable, then updating existing mods, getting it stable, re-ordering the mod-install order, doing the extra uninstall process for Mark Books as Read, reinstalling AFT to resolve the Lydia not following issue, then introducing new mods one at a time with rigorous testing in between. Additionally I have disabled the "generate DynDOLOD" box when making new DynDOLODs for the recent tests.

It's been a mixed success! I have been able to add Helgen Reborn and ETaC, which were the two mods I wanted most, and have had 0 CTDs or slowdowns in ~ 2 hours of testing. Occasionally I do still get the sound effect delay, and the very rarely the lips not moving on NPCs, but it is much less noticeable now. I can live without all the city mods or the TES Frontier Fortress I suppose; installing any of those seemed to start giving me CTDs even away from the location they affect.

It could just be that I haven't been able to play SKyrim for over a week, but I'm fairly satisfied with the outcome. As a sort of separate question, one remaining thought I have is about the safety of "reinstalling" existing mods to resolve script issues? This post explains a potential problem involving "Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:" in Papyrus.0.log and issues it may cause. While I have no CTDs and haven't noticed any issues other than the two mentioned above, my Papyrus.0.log file for my current save is over 3,000 KB in size, and is mostly filled with these exact same "Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:" messages. That linked post suggests doing a reinstall for whichever mod is connected with the messages (seems to be Linked Containers and Crafting Stations in my case), but I've also heard it recommended to never uninstall mods on an active playthrough, even temporarily.

I guess my question is, if I don't seem to noticing any adverse effects from these "dumping stacks", would it be better to just ignore it for now and avoid the risk of uninstalling/reinstalling mods, or is it better to uninstall/reinstall the mod now before a problem arises? I guess both choices have their own risks.

Well, reinstalling is different than moving or deleting a mod completely. Skyrim bakes that info into your save that it needs to look for those scripts. I'd imagine as long as the reinstallation of that mod doesn't alter the effect of it too much (like choosing new options you never chose before when reinstalling) then it should be fine. The scripts the game needs will still be there in the save. I would risk it. The longer you play your game, the more save bloat you may have and the more issues you could see arise if there is in fact a problem still there. That's my opinion on it and what I'd do. Just reinstall the mod.