Looking for people who could assist in mod development

ThomahawkAssassin

I have an idea for a very large mod for Fallout 4. Most of the base ideas are there but I still need help implementing them into the actual game. Mainly I will need people who have some experience with papyrus scripting, people who are alright with 3d texturing navmeshing map making and the likes, and some people who are good with the Creation Kit in general. I am fine with making dialogue and placing items and NPC's but I don't know much about a lot of other things I will need to use. If you are interested in helping please let me know.

Edited by ThomahawkAssassin

My understanding is that you have to have already created something significant of your own work before others will join a team on such a project. This would seem consistent with real-world thinking, too; no one wants to sign on to a project that will become dead in the water before it finishes. I am not saying that's you, but that is generally the reality if you're not working with people with no track record.

My understanding is that you have to have already created something significant of your own work before others will join a team on such a project. This would seem consistent with real-world thinking, too; no one wants to sign on to a project that will become dead in the water before it finishes. I am not saying that's you, but that is generally the reality if you're not working with people with no track record.

That's a bit of a catch 22, isn't it? You have to create something significant to get people to help you with something else that is significant, but if you haven't done anything significant you won't get help?

Well thought out and detailed descriptions (and I do mean *pages* of it) of your ideas and plans can count towards that, in lieu of actual playable mods.

Having previously created smaller mods can also help. Small things like settlements, weapons, etc. can also help show your dedication.

Still, even then, there are never any guarantees of team creation or help being garnered.

Well thought out and detailed descriptions (and I do mean *pages* of it) of your ideas and plans can count towards that, in lieu of actual playable mods.

Having previously created smaller mods can also help. Small things like settlements, weapons, etc. can also help show your dedication.

Still, even then, there are never any guarantees of team creation or help being garnered.

I could definitely write a few pages worth of ideas regarding what I have in mind. As for making smaller mods, I don't doubt that I could do that, but I wouldn't have as much drive for it. I come up with ideas sometimes that start out small and are fleshed over time. I've been building this for about a year and a half now so I have a lot of ideas for it.

That's a bit of a catch 22, isn't it? You have to create something significant to get people to help you with something else that is significant, but if you haven't done anything significant you won't get help?

I'd like to reiterate the first three words of my first sentence to you: My understanding is...

And that is in regards to team projects, not smaller mods which are much easier to get help with. I've done a handful of smallish mods, myself, and I have been unable to put together a group for projects I'd like to work on, and that is what I was told when I asked about it in the mod authors chat on Discord (I am Berdusk there, for anyone wondering).

Any way, I was not trying to discourage you from modding or telling you that it is hopeless. I think people just want to see a show of commitment and the ability to finish what you start before signing on to a project. Years ago, I was a staffer on a few startup MUDs that never got off the ground. All the work I put into those places was wasted. This is why people want to see that you've done other projects before they invest themselves in your - or anyone's - idea that is not their own.

Good luck to you. :smile:

Edited by Flowerguy360

What did you have in mind?

Explaining the entirety of what I have in mind would take too much time to type out and I doubt you'd want to read everything, so I'll just give you a just:

The player character (From the base game) meets a ghoul who needs help. You help out the ghoul and he asks to join one of your settlements. If the PC agrees, he will go to a settlement. Later, he will tell the PC about a debt he owes someone and, If the PC agrees to help, they travel a few hundred miles to deliver something to a northern city. This city has been ravaged by civil war for nearly 40 years. The PC and the ghoul attempt to deliver what they were supposed to but happen across some difficulties that force them to find alternative means. And so, they are swept into the civil war.

It may sound pretty basic from what I've given but if the project ever gets made the pieces will fit together much better.