Lydia wont stop following me

Manway

Im on solstheim trying to sneak into Severin Manor but Lydia wont stop following me. I tell her to wait, nothing, I point somewhere for her to wait or tell her to do something, she immediately stops and runs back as soon as I cancel order mode, and even if I try to dismiss her I get the message saying I've dismissed my follower, but she still follows me and her dialogue options are still the same. I tried recruiting a mercenary and he took the gold but didnt move, now when I try to talk to him he just goes "ready to go again?" but I dont actually get any options to select, and Lydia still follows me.

I think this was caused by me using Amazing Follower Tweaks, which unfortunately I didnt know wasnt ported correctly until after I used it for a bit. Or it could be because I resurrected Lydia...twice, while the mod was active because it broke her "downed" state. I've tried all sorts of console commands: set playerfollowercount to 0, resetAI, disable->enable, recycleactor. The only one that had any effect was recycleactor, but that made her disapear and not come back, which is not what I want. Dont suggest that I kill her, Im trying to fix her, not completely get rid of her. Any ideas?

Alright I *seem* to have fixed the issue by reinstalling the mod (thank you NMM for not actually deleting it when I told you too,) dismissing Lydia, and then saving and disabling the mod. However, Im wondering if anyone can still give me some advice to make sure its working or if the problem comes back.

Edit: alright never mind, it works if I have the mod disabled, because the mod seems to half work if its only disabled. As soon as I went and completely deleted it, I tried to recruit Lydia again but it didnt work. If I tried to talk to her again and recruit hey, she says "Looks like you already have someone following you" and continues to walk away. If I use "set playerfollowercount to 0" and then talk to her again, same problem, doesnt work and if I try talking to her again she says I already have a follower.

So I guess for now I'll leave the mod installed, but disabled and refrain from getting any other followers. Can someone help me out before I start Dawnguard? I'd like to switch to Serana.

Edit2: Just an extra comment, before I reinstalled the blasted mod I tried all the other console commands and nothing worked. Even recycleactor and then teleporting her back to me.

Edited by Manway

• 2 years later...

" the mod seems to half work if its only disabled."

That makes no sense. It can't work at all if disabled. I've used AFT & the follower boost + no frendlyspelldamage many times with no problems at all. I know of no problem with the AFT port.

It's just a shot in the dark but I'm guessing you have a mod that doesn't play nice with AFT.

I'ts a ongoing issue that no one has a fix for. I guess AFT is just bugged and no one wants to actually come up with a solution other then killing the NPC with a command prompt.

" the mod seems to half work if its only disabled."

That makes no sense. It can't work at all if disabled. I've used AFT & the follower boost + no frendlyspelldamage many times with no problems at all. I know of no problem with the AFT port.

It's just a shot in the dark but I'm guessing you have a mod that doesn't play nice with AFT.

Holy Necromancy Batman! I appreciate the response but...this post is 3 years old. How'd you even find it?