Adjusting an object's collision size to match rescaled object

damanding

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's static you could use the quarry cubes and create a custom collision object by combining them into a SCOL, then exporting the .nifs collision data

Ok, slower & in english please??!!

(I have no idea what yer talking about)

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Edited by VonHelton

Dummy node isn't a hard requirement. I just like to use it for organizations purposes.

I think BSConnectPoints P-WS-SinkMax governs that. Not sure if kinggath discusses these in his vids or not.

Why can't I add an attachment to my posts here??

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

When I take what Elrich gives me & put it in the game, it has a red border instead of green & wants to go through the ground.

Why??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Click on More reply options button (next to the post button) and you should be able to attach a zip file

Dummy node isn't a hard requirement. I just like to use it for organizations purposes.

I think BSConnectPoints P-WS-SinkMax governs that. Not sure if kinggath discusses these in his vids or not.

Why can't I add an attachment to my posts here??

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

When I take what Elrich gives me & put it in the game, it has a red border instead of green & wants to go through the ground.

Why??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Click on More reply options button (next to the post button) and you should be able to attach a zip file

Ok, finally........

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Okay, took a quick look at your files and there seems to something amiss with the scaling. As an experiment, export your model and run it through Elric. Reopen Max and import a bay window from the game, say DecoMainC1x1WinBayA01Full03.nif. Now in that same file, import in your exported nif model. There appears to be a considerable difference. Threw together a quick, three panel bay window concept for illustation. Basically, a bay window that is 256 units wide, 10 units thick, and 256 units high. I set it between two walls, each being 256 units wide, 10 units thick, and 256 units high. I used five box primitives for the bay window collision components. Files attached for illustration. Hope they help.

Could you describe the process your are using to make the collision, and process used to join it to the mesh object (i.e., the collision havock component)?

I make the object.

I copy the object & name it collision.

I select both & use Havok Tools with the proxy option.

I set the collision mesh to "mesh" & the obect to 60 weight.

I click the hammer tab & select collision groups.

I set the parameters to "concrete" & "static object"

Export using Gambryo.

In other words, I followed the video instruction to the letter.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thats exactly how i do it BUT... Ive seen errors upon exporting about reseting xform and collapsing ... So before i do the Havok part i collapse the copy...

Also note: fixing it in nifskope is a b!tch since its tied to the object you cloned... In some cases i made the collision separately and pasted it to the nif after..

Edited by greekrage

your exports were easily fixable by simply scaling the original trishape to 1 ( it was 0.3xxx)..

But i played with them and found that reseting xform and collapsing the original and THEN doing the process gave me this...( i obviously deleted the copy you had and cleared the rigid body modifier from the original before starting )

vjxKSR.jpg

Edited by greekrage

your exports were easily fixable by simply scaling the original trishape to 1 ( it was 0.3xxx)..

But i played with them and found that reseting xform and collapsing the original and THEN doing the process gave me this...( i obviously deleted the copy you had and cleared the rigid body modifier from the original before starting )

Ok, resizing the main object gave me a HUGE main object in the game........

The thread is about RESIZING the collision mesh WITHOUT affecting the object.

How does one make a collision object in Max WITHOUT the original mesh?

Same as above but without the proxy??

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Edited by VonHelton

Collision meshes can be a child to either their own independent root parented to a Root, or to the visible mesh, either will work. And do please remember to ALWAYS collapse any modifiers before exporting, specially XFORM ones. Make a duplicate of the whole scene so you don't lose anything.