[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

M1911 is looking very good so far Antistar, it looks visibly shorter than deadpools .45 auto pistol, which is good since that's how short the standard was.

I second what SHOXXXYY said.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as getting kidnapped when dying in a fight that could be really quite interesting. I suppose it could send you to an interior cell of the faction and automatically respawn the enemies if that cell has been cleared. Then I assume you would figure out how to recover your gear and make your escape.

I find that not that realistic (why should they burden themselves with a heavily wounded guy/gal, then heal him/her up and let him/her escape and murder them?) and maybe a bit annoying/stressing after a certain time. I liked very much the Deferred Death feature of Knockout Framework, coupled with Agony. After incapacitation you wake up in a friendly settlement or the last bed you used (your friends found you and brought you there), your important stuff stolen if you're layed down by humans, limbs broken and such. Put high pressure on you to avoid deaths, also makes you needy for healing equipment and additional weapons/ammo available. You could hunt the enemies who punctuated your guts and get your stuff back or let it go if you had better things to do (many settings are optional, too). Gave me the best time ever in FO4 but then, after a certain time and after installing several other mods, I got ctds, still don't know the reason, and I stopped using KF for now, sadly.

M1911 is looking very good so far Antistar, it looks visibly shorter than deadpools .45 auto pistol, which is good since that's how short the standard was.

I second what SHOXXXYY said.

Thanks Shanzyboo.

I used a lot of photo/video reference to try to get the dimensions down as accurately a possible, and Isildur's M1911 resource appears to be fairly accurate itself. Though having said that, I just noticed a couple of typos in the text on its slide, so I'm going to have to fix those now. ("CILT'S" instead of "COLT'S", plus "HARFORD" instead of "HARTFORD".)

As far as getting kidnapped when dying in a fight that could be really quite interesting. I suppose it could send you to an interior cell of the faction and automatically respawn the enemies if that cell has been cleared. Then I assume you would figure out how to recover your gear and make your escape.

I find that not that realistic (why should they burden themselves with a heavily wounded guy/gal, then heal him/her up and let him/her escape and murder them?) and maybe a bit annoying/stressing after a certain time. I liked very much the Deferred Death feature of Knockout Framework, coupled with Agony. After incapacitation you wake up in a friendly settlement or the last bed you used (your friends found you and brought you there), your important stuff stolen if you're layed down by humans, limbs broken and such. Put high pressure on you to avoid deaths, also makes you needy for healing equipment and additional weapons/ammo available. You could hunt the enemies who punctuated your guts and get your stuff back or let it go if you had better things to do (many settings are optional, too). Gave me the best time ever in FO4 but then, after a certain time and after installing several other mods, I got ctds, still don't know the reason, and I stopped using KF for now, sadly.

I didn't know the Knockout Framework did that sort of thing; I'll have to check it out - thanks.

For my part I imagined getting captured as just one of many potential death alternatives, but as to why different factions might do that, my thinking was:

- Raiders/Super mutants (as portrayed in FO4, at least): For food... considering lack of refrigeration.

- Gunners: Trying for a ransom.

- BoS/Minutemen/Railroad: Prisoner exchange/ransom/interrogation.

- The Institute: Interrogation/scanning (or whatever it is they do) in preparation for making a synth clone of you.

Haha - same. Well, not the dream part, but the wishing WARS was out already part.

Anyway, small update on the M1911; I'm up to the "setting up the nif files" part. Some if it is kind of complex. I can't remember if there have been many mods for pistols that have barrel mods that change the length of both the barrel and slide? There's a reason for that. For the most part you can't have a weapon omod with parts that move independently of one another. E.g. a barrel that stays in place and a slide that reciprocates. This becomes a problem if you want a pistol with different slide lengths.

I came up with a workaround for a similar problem with the glow sight on the Volkssturmgewehr, which I'm hoping will work here too. (A kind of special provision BGS put in for having ostensibly "front sights" in different positions with different barrel lengths.) I'm not sure how the muzzle attachments will interact with it though - especially because most of them attach to the barrel but one attaches to the slide - so I've got some experimentation to do.

Nice catch on the "typos in the text on its slide" antistar.

To my knowledge so far no ones made mods for pistols that feature barrel mods that lengthen both the barrel and slide, it's either just the barrel, or muzzle mods that make it look like it's been lengthened. But then again, I'm pretty sure Alexscorpion's Makarov Pistol features a longslide and barrel modification.

Edited by Shanzyboo

I forgot about his Makarov having a long-slide option. I had a look at it earlier and it works by having the long-slide be part of a receiver omod; so you choose between a receiver with a normal barrel length and one with the long-slide.

I tested out my approach in-game earlier too, and it appears to work just fine; barrel mods as usual, with slides of different lengths that animate properly. That muzzle attachment I mentioned earlier that attaches to the slide rather than the barrel (the muzzle brake) isn't working properly though, which I kind of expected. It's not moving with the slide. There's another way I can set that up though that I think will work.

One thing about this barrel omod setup for the M1911 (in combination with the long-slide having differently designed iron-sights to the short and standard slides just generally) is that I need to have the glow-sights incorporated into the barrel omods. In other words there are six barrel omods to choose from - two each of the three lengths; one with iron-sights, one with glow-sights.

I don't mind that so much though, since it gives you some flexibility to choose the sights you want when using the LPC Laser Sight or Vintage Flashlight: iron-sights on the slide, glow-sights on the slide, or backup iron-sights mounted on the laser sight/flashlight.

Right Alexscorpion incorporated longslides through receiver options.

I don't think I've heard of anyone yet whose made muzzle options move along with the slide, they're usually separate stationary components, if you manage to get that working you'll be the first I've known about to successfully incorporate that kind of feature.

I think positioning of iron sights for the makarov is also controlled by the receiver options based on either standard or longslide, not sure though as I seldom ever use longslides. Flexibility and...complexity is a good thing when it comes to firearms, like realistic ammunition types ;)

The other method I tried to have the muzzle brake move with the slide did work... though not alongside the material swap for the Stainless skin.

It's a method I've used in a few other places in WARS (and in TSR actually); I added the muzzle brake mesh to each barrel omod, but made it invisible via a material swap when any muzzle attachment but the muzzle brake is attached. That appears to work properly in the case of the Thompson/Silver SMG since the material swap there is for a unique weapon and applied via object template - but with an omod swapping the materials, it clashes. In applying the Stainless material, it's overriding the "null" material swap and making the muzzle brake visible when it shouldn't be.

For now I've just got the muzzle brake attached to the barrel like the other muzzle attachments (so it won't move with the slide, unfortunately). Another solution would be to not have the muzzle brake swap to its Stainless skin alongside everything else and have it stay as "Blued" all the time... and I'm not sure which approach I'd prefer yet.

So that's how you did the material swapping between the Thompson and it's silver shroud counterpart, which if I may add was totally fantastic, so much so I'd love seeing Noniacs Thompson M1928A1 in that color patterning and shine...ideas. I think the material swap was never applied to the drum magazine no?

In the case for this muzzle brake couldn't you make a unique weapon that features it with an object template applying the material swap like the Thompson/Silver Shroud Thompson?

I've been trying to do my own little project getting the PSO 1 scope in Russian Recon Pack to utilize Scope Framework so it uses the PSO 1 reticle/crosshair.