[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Here are some shots of the M1911 in-game. Just shots of it in the inventory/workbench for now, as I haven't done the animations for it yet. (That's next up.)

- M1911 11

- M1911 12

- M1911 13

- M1911 14

The first couple of shots there show the difference between the pistol in its most basic configuration and ridiculously decked out as a vintage race gun or something. The third shot shows the different material options currently available:

- Blued
- Stainless
- Stainless + Wood Furniture
- Two-Tone
- Two-Tone + Wood Furniture

The fourth shot shows the M1911 with one of its off-hand knife "attachments".

So that's how you did the material swapping between the Thompson and it's silver shroud counterpart, which if I may add was totally fantastic, so much so I'd love seeing Noniacs Thompson M1928A1 in that color patterning and shine...ideas. I think the material swap was never applied to the drum magazine no?

In the case for this muzzle brake couldn't you make a unique weapon that features it with an object template applying the material swap like the Thompson/Silver Shroud Thompson?

I've been trying to do my own little project getting the PSO 1 scope in Russian Recon Pack to utilize Scope Framework so it uses the PSO 1 reticle/crosshair.

Thanks - I did like how the black and silver turned out for the Silver SMG in WARS/TSR. So much so that I riffed on its appearance for the M1911's Stainless material, as you can see in the above shots. With the Silver SMG, not making the magazines silver too was intentional; reinforcing the two-tone look with the black and silver.

I wouldn't want to limit the muzzle brake or material options to unique weapons; they're things that I want to be part of regular customisation. What I think I'll do is have the muzzle brake set to move with the slide (in my testing I think it looks weird if it doesn't), and have it just be always stainless steel. Not every attachment needs to swap between blued/stainless, if it comes right down to it.

Is the Scopes Framework still working? Time permitting, I'd like to use it to give scopes in WARS the proper reticles, but it seems like there have been a few FO4 patches since it was last updated. It has some comments saying it's not working at the moment.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're making great progress with the M1911 evidently with those pictures, looks fantastic. Ah I see so the drum magazine was intended to be that color, was curious to ask since you were mentioning material swapping on the muzzle brake. Making the muzzle brake always stainless steel and moving with the slide sounds like the best option than for what you're after, not the first I've seen that used, think deadpools browning hi power features such muzzles that don't material swap..unless I'm thinking of a different mod for pistols.

From what I can tell Scopes Framework still does work, Novas Dragunov SVD from the Russian Assault Pack utilizes Scopes Framework for its PSO1 scope, making it have the proper PSO1 reticle. I did manage to get it on Hyperfx SVU from Russian Recon Pack, it's file pathing along with matching names between the scopes .nif and custom .swf which controls those reticles, I utilized Novas custom PSO1 .swf from Russian Assault Pack, renamed it to match with the SVUs PSO1 scopes .nif and made proper file paths. How to do it was in Schrivens not so obvious instructions.

meshes/weapons/44/44scope.nif

interface/weapons/44/44scope.swf

I think people may have misinterpreted that you do have to make a custom .swf for your reticles in order for it to work, I found out you can't just use any .swf as I tried one for red illuminated PSO1 reticles I found on nexus on the SVUs scope and it didn't work, probably because that .swf replaces the vanilla one overall, Scopes Framework just makes it so you can have different reticles between different types of scopes, instead of having the same reticles on all scopes like vanilla.

I love your 1911, great work. I only wish it could be made into a stand alone weapon mod.

Thanks - and like it says in the FAQ, doing that is a lot of extra work for something I wouldn't use myself, but hey... we'll see.

You're making great progress with the M1911 evidently with those pictures, looks fantastic. Ah I see so the drum magazine was intended to be that color, was curious to ask since you were mentioning material swapping on the muzzle brake. Making the muzzle brake always stainless steel and moving with the slide sounds like the best option than for what you're after, not the first I've seen that used, think deadpools browning hi power features such muzzles that don't material swap..unless I'm thinking of a different mod for pistols.

From what I can tell Scopes Framework still does work, Novas Dragunov SVD from the Russian Assault Pack utilizes Scopes Framework for its PSO1 scope, making it have the proper PSO1 reticle. I did manage to get it on Hyperfx SVU from Russian Recon Pack, it's file pathing along with matching names between the scopes .nif and custom .swf which controls those reticles, I utilized Novas custom PSO1 .swf from Russian Assault Pack, renamed it to match with the SVUs PSO1 scopes .nif and made proper file paths. How to do it was in Schrivens not so obvious instructions.

meshes/weapons/44/44scope.nif

interface/weapons/44/44scope.swf

I think people may have misinterpreted that you do have to make a custom .swf for your reticles in order for it to work, I found out you can't just use any .swf as I tried one for red illuminated PSO1 reticles I found on nexus on the SVUs scope and it didn't work, probably because that .swf replaces the vanilla one overall, Scopes Framework just makes it so you can have different reticles between different types of scopes, instead of having the same reticles on all scopes like vanilla.

Thanks - and thanks for the Scopes Framework info.

A little late but anytime Antistar, I don't know how to make custom scope .swf files though, think you're better off inquiring that one directly from Shrivener.

I haven't had time for more than a quick glance at it, but it looks like you use Flash (or I guess it's "Adobe Animate" now?) to make the reticles for the Scopes Framework. Makes sense given the .swf files. I haven't used Flash in something like 10-15 years, but just doing some static scope reticles with it shouldn't be too hard...

Anyway, short update while I'm here: things have been busy with my dad starting on chemo this week, but I have made a start on animating the M1911. Mostly just the tedious prep-work so far - but it's important to get that right or you can put a bunch of work into making some great, detailed animation only to find that all the parts are in the wrong place.

Hopefully your dads chemo treatment goes well and it's good he's in good company with family, such things can go a long way in making things a bit brighter.

It's like fine art, you can't rush it, plus since WARS is going to rely on the AmmoTweaks update...which..who knows when it'll be ready and released, why not take your time with it right..unless you're planning on pulling another surprise quick one on us and releasing a standalone version like you did the Thompson lol. Thought I'd point out to you, the manufacturer stamping on the standard issue types is missing the colt horse on the left side of the slide. The standard "blued" gunmetal material is a nice touch.

I've been using Zestoflemons BF1 Animation Pack Remaster for Leo2Links WWII M1911, it's accurately scaled, but the materials available are too chrome, the trigger finger clips through the front of the trigger guard (which is to be expected I think since changing hand positioning could effect every other pistol, including ones added by mods) and it's only one handed animations even for aiming down the sights. I'm open for suggestions of the best current mod for a standard issue U.S Army M1911.

Thanks. :smile:

Thought I'd point out to you, the manufacturer stamping on the standard issue types is missing the colt horse on the left side of the slide.

So it is; thanks for pointing it out. It actually makes me wonder if that - along with the "CILT'S" typo - was intentional on the part of the author of the resource, to avoid any potential issues with using the Colt name and logo. If it was me, I probably would have gone with "BOLT'S" or something instead though. ;)

(Oh, they've got "COLT" on the right-hand side of the slide, looking at it again - so I guess "CILT'S" probably was just a typo.)

Anyway, this being a strictly non-commercial mod, I prefer depicting things more accurately if I can - so I'll go and add the horse logo, I think. I've already got it on the compact slide, after all.

Lol "BOLT'S", now there's some creativity.

In accuracies sake the right hand side of the slide on a Colt M1911 never actually had any manufacturer branding, those were on the left side of the slide, the right side just had serial numbers, I watched a YouTube video where someone was showing off a WWII M1911, same model their grandpapi used, no branding on the right side, and yeah they were pretty small actually, someone my size being 5"4 and weighing 105 pounds could probably use it, of course from my perspective it's big lol, and at the time it was classed as a large pistol.

Like you I prefer things accurately represented, especially being there's a real world counterpart, completes the theme, I have the M1 Garand thanks to team asXas, I have the Thompson both M1928A1 and M1A1 thanks to both you and Noniac, not sure what bolt action I would need for American themed firearms but I have the Remington 700, I just need an M1911, now if only I could find Canadian themed firearms to go with the Browning Hi Power lol.

Lol "BOLT'S", now there's some creativity.

Haha yeah - I'd probably use a little lightning bolt in place of the rampaging colt, too.

In accuracies sake the right hand side of the slide on a Colt M1911 never actually had any manufacturer branding, those were on the left side of the slide, the right side just had serial numbers, I watched a YouTube video where someone was showing off a WWII M1911, same model their grandpapi used, no branding on the right side, and yeah they were pretty small actually, someone my size being 5"4 and weighing 105 pounds could probably use it, of course from my perspective it's big lol, and at the time it was classed as a large pistol.

I know that some of my reference images had the right side of the slide looking basically exactly as in Isildur's resource... ah, yeah; here for example. Maybe it's an M1911 thing (or even especially an early M1911 thing) as opposed to the M1911A1.

Like you I prefer things accurately represented, especially being there's a real world counterpart, completes the theme, I have the M1 Garand thanks to team asXas, I have the Thompson both M1928A1 and M1A1 thanks to both you and Noniac, not sure what bolt action I would need for American themed firearms but I have the Remington 700, I just need an M1911, now if only I could find Canadian themed firearms to go with the Browning Hi Power lol.

The M1903 Springfield comes to mind there, but I think the R700 fits the bill too.