[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I'm going to have to opt out of the Beta testing for health reasons, living life on the road driving 8-10 hours a day doesn't leave much room for gaming and I've also been not very pro active in life..among other health related things and it's caught up to me, barely have the energy or focus to just enjoy playing let alone testing. Sorry Antistar 😞 sorry guys.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to opt out of the Beta testing for health reasons, living life on the road driving 8-10 hours a day doesn't leave much room for gaming and I've also been not very pro active in life..among other health related things and it's caught up to me, barely have the energy or focus to just enjoy playing let alone testing. Sorry Antistar sorry guys.

Hey, don't worry about it! Helping out with the beta isn't an obligation for anyone - it's entirely voluntary.

Hope things improve for you. If playing the game with the mods helps at all (I know that playing games is a good distraction for me, with my own struggles), that's cool. And if not, that's cool too. No pressure to be reporting anything about it if you've got too much else going on, anyway.

When I saw a surge of posts expressing interest in helping with the beta, I thought "someone must have mentioned it somewhere - probably JuiceHead in a new video", and I was right. :wink:

Thanks for the offers, everyone. I'll send out PMs with the download link shortly. In addition to the info in the PMs, I'd recommend that you all go back through the past several pages of the thread and read all the posts made since the start of the closed beta, so that you know what's been reported and what hasn't.

Id be interested in both testing out the mod(s) and looking into porting them to Xbox against Crafting76s BCR and Equipment Condition Systems.

It would be good to have WARS available to XB1 users - though currently I'm not planning to give permission to anyone else to port WARS or PEACE to XB1. I'll port PEACE myself, and for WARS, this is my current thinking on that, copied from the FAQ:

Q) Is this mod coming to XB1?

A) There's that familiar refrain... But no; probably not, unfortunately. WARS uses an integration plugin that requires the AmmoTweaks framework and implements several other extended WARS features, all of which require F4SE - which is only available on PC. This integration plugin being separate to the main WARS plugin makes it possible for an alternative integration plugin to be made that doesn't require F4SE - which could be then released on Bethesda.net for XB1 users - but this isn't something I'm planning to do myself. If you happen to make an alternative integration plugin like that and want to release it for XB1 users, let me know, and I can probably release the main WARS plugin (plus the required art assets of course) for XB1 users so that it can be used with that integration plugin. Note that I'd probably want to see it released on the Nexus first so that people can confirm that it works before I go to the trouble of uploading WARS for XB1 users, because the Bethesda.net Content Management System is a tremendous pain in the bum to deal with.

At a glance it looks like Crafting76 could take over for the weapon condition part of AmmoTweaks, though there are still the ammo-swapping, fire-mode cycling and under-barrel launcher mode toggling functions. The Physical Mags system too, though that's not as essential.

For the testers:

Another batch of updates, along with a new file.

PEACE Beta 1.0.2 hotfix:

Beta 1.0.2 (01-06-23)

- "Empty Blood Pack, Sterile" can now be found in loot and at vendors. (Previously it was only available via crafting.)

- Removed a few LVLI ITMs.

WARS Beta 1.0.4 hotfix:

Beta 1.0.4 (01-06-23)

- Corrected paths in AR-15 power armour animation subgraph.

WARS - Lend-Lease Beta 1.0.3

Version Beta 1.0.3 (01-06-23)

- Reduced recoil reduction effects on FN FAL barrels, bipods and foregrips.

WARS - Lend-Lease - Tactical Reload v1.0

This is the new one! This adds compatibility with the existing Tactical Reload patches for the weapons covered in WARS-LL.

WARS-PEACE Beta 1.0.2

Version Beta 1.0.2 (01-06-23)

- Resolved conflicting edit to Gorilla Race record.

As before, the WARS and PEACE hotfix patches are cumulative; you can remove the previous hotfix version and install this new version instead. (And for the new people, the hotfixes are required in addition to the main files for WARS and PEACE respectively. Once WARS and PEACE are released publicly, you'll need to uninstall the hotfixes so that they don't override the release versions.)

I'm currently working on the Tactical Reload patch for WARS. A number of weapons already had "partial" reload animations available for them via existing patches for (say) Hitman47101's standalone releases of the right-handed AK and Hunting Rifle anims, and I've now made partial reload anims for the AR-15 and Skorpion. That just leaves the following weapons:

- Glock

- Mini-14

- USAS-12

- M107 Anti-Materiel Rifle

- SA80

It's great to see this mod getting closer and closer to a release! Great job everyone!

Crafting76 wont be posted to Nexus. I dont mind showing off a few of the weapons working w Ammo Swap, Fire Mode, and Under-barrel functionality w/o AmmoTweaks being the underlying system. Based on the videos, it looks as if the current functionality is just to attach OMODs to the equipped weapon (and forcing the quick UnEquip/Equip).

I have a few different approaches to Ammo Swap and Quick Attach on my YT channel; ranging from selectable ammo from the Pip-boy Inventory Menu to Button Tapping to Cycle through available Ammo within the Pip-boy Inspection Menu. The C76 Inspection Menu also includes Quick Attach functionality for Suppressors (detach from one weapon and attach to another). Additional Quick Attach options are planned for a future update which will include Scopes and Extended Magazines.

Crafting76 wont be posted to Nexus. I dont mind showing off a few of the weapons working w Ammo Swap, Fire Mode, and Under-barrel functionality w/o AmmoTweaks being the underlying system. Based on the videos, it looks as if the current functionality is just to attach OMODs to the equipped weapon (and forcing the quick UnEquip/Equip).

I have a few different approaches to Ammo Swap and Quick Attach on my YT channel; ranging from selectable ammo from the Pip-boy Inventory Menu to Button Tapping to Cycle through available Ammo within the Pip-boy Inspection Menu. The C76 Inspection Menu also includes Quick Attach functionality for Suppressors (detach from one weapon and attach to another). Additional Quick Attach options are planned for a future update which will include Scopes and Extended Magazines.

Well, to be fair, AmmoTweaks is not available on nexus either, question, what advantages does this system offer in comparison to AmmoTweaks?

Really impressive work!

First bug I've come across:

I usually play with a controller, with controller keyboard short cuts through steam controller settings. I set the grenade launcher short cut key as "T", and through steam I set holding "up" on the d-pad to activate "T", and whenever I change to grenade launcher on the ar-15, the game crashes when I swap back.

UPDATE: Same when using keyboard. Swapping to grenade launcher and back causes the game to crash.

Edited by NightHawk2031

Nice; don't know how you're managing all that without F4SE/DLLs, but that's cool. I guess I don't know the extent of what's possible with UI mods for FO4. I haven't touched ActionScript in like twenty years (oof), so... maybe that's to be expected.

If you can make something that will take over for those AmmoTweaks/extended WARS features in an XB1-compatible way (as long you want to go to the trouble), let me know around when it's ready to go and I'll put up a "base" version of WARS on beth.net for XB1. I'd probably want it to not be immediately after the public release of WARS, in case more bugs are kicked up via more people using it.

I'll probably need to find some way to batch-process the textures to reduce their size for the XB1 version; 1.3 GB is maybe a bit much to ask considering that 2 GB limit for mods on the XB1. TexA-DDS looks promising? Haven't used it before.

Really impressive work!

First bug I've come across:

I usually play with a controller, with controller keyboard short cuts through steam controller settings. I set the grenade launcher short cut key as "T", and through steam I set holding "up" on the d-pad to activate "T", and whenever I change to grenade launcher on the ar-15, the game crashes when I swap back.

UPDATE: Same when using keyboard. Swapping to grenade launcher and back causes the game to crash.

Well I haven't had that on my end...

Actually in my so far ~220 hour test playthrough I think I've only had three crashes altogether? (They didn't seem to be related to WARS or PEACE.)

That it's happening when you switch back from launcher mode is weird; in terms of what the script is doing, it's not very different from switching to launcher mode. It's also not doing anything very different to what the ammo-swapping and fire-mode cycling scripts are doing. Are those working alright for you?

And what about the SA80's launcher? Have you tried that?