[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Really impressed by the amount of effort and thought you're putting into this, it definitely looks like it'll be a must-have mod, much like your previous work.

As far as the manual reload feature goes, it's now a part of the vanilla game. Not sure when they added it, might've been in the survival update, but it's definitely there. It also works seamlessly with weapons added by mods.

On a side-note, do you accept donations?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - and wow, they really did fix weapons automatically refilling when you switch away from them; I had no idea. That part in the "commentary" post where I said I hadn't played the game since a few weeks after release? Not joking. ;)

I had kept on eye on the patch notes and didn't see them mention that, though. Still, that's good news. (Though I do wish they'd also stopped the player character automatically reloading when a gun's empty.) I'll take that bit out of the OP.

I do have a donation button on some of my mod pages, yes. I think it's on my profile page, too.

Bethesda really like to leave stuff out of their patch notes, they left another fairly important change out of the patch notes recently as well. (Don't remember what exactly.)

As soon as I get paid I'll be sure to send some your way, judging by this thread and your previous work it'll be more than worth it!

Here are a couple of shots of the AR-15 in Substance Painter:

- AR-15 02

- AR-15 03

Again, this is based on Tigg's M16 and variants resource, with some changes by me. The main differences you can see here are a minor retex to give it a gloss map and add some grunge, plus the addition of the bare muzzle with threading.

Originally I was going to have the flash hider be the default for the muzzle - as in you could swap it out for something else but not simply take it off - but that didn't feel quite right. So now you might come across an AR-15 with no muzzle attachment, and if you find one with a nice compensator or suppressor that you want to take off and use elsewhere, you can do so without having to replace it with (say) a flash hider.

You might want to check out Weaponsmith. We basically made pretty much all the same changes you have planned, except we didn't replace vanilla guns, just added new ones. Not sure how far into this you are, but if you're still on the asset creation stage, maybe consider joining the WSE team. I have a lot of respect for your work, and we'd be happy to work with you guys.

I appreciate the offer, but I want to make something that is exactly the way I want it. WARS is intended to be a cohesive overhaul - a focussed, quality over quantity thing. That's not intended as a knock against WSE; it's just holy moly there are a lot of weapons in WSE. Holy moly. A lot of them are just not what I'm after.

But yes; thanks for the offer. :)

Antistar, your mods are always of high quality. I've used them many times for FO3 and FNV, can't wait to see your mods on Fallout 4. Best of luck to you.

Thanks. :)

I think the Sten could be a perfect replacer for the pipe guns. Are you thinking about replacing the pipe revolver with a .38 special?

I'm not planning to replace the pipe guns; I was talking about this a bit earlier in the thread, actually.