I have a MSI Apache Pro GE72-2QE 17.3" Gaming Laptop.
It was damaged in an attempted burglary, and I have to use my TV as a monitor now, connected via HDMI cable.
For whatever reason, SSE is not willing to utilize my dedicated GPU and, instead, I am getting ridiculously low FPS (14-32) that make this pretty much unplayable.
I believe this is also why I get a black screen on start unless I play in Borderless Windowed mode.
I see that a LOT of laptop users using external displays have these issues, and was wondering if there was a mod or utility that would allow me to fix this.
Apparently there was something created for Old Skyrim, but I can't seem to find anything here, and hours of poring through forums and using different searches have led me to the last resort of posting here.
The typical fixes don't work, so Nvidia Geforce Experience/Control Panel Tweaks, .ini changes, and those things have yielded zero results.
There has to be something I can do, and I appeal to the community to help me out as a last resort.
I'm at my wits end.

SYSTEM SPECS (More than enough):
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.60GHz 58 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-1792 (SOCKET 0) 63 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
D32h-C0 (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (MSI) 49 °C
ForceWare version: 375.95
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 46 °C

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5098595-skyrim-se-install-blocked-recognition-of-my-gpu/page-2&do=findComment&comment=45028490

Join in, and see if we can together discover things.

Apparently SSE has offensive software based on all the complaints. What it is, is what I am attempting to find out.