Serious question about error warnings in CK

greekrage

Ive noticed that no matter what mod im working on or even JUST started i get warnings upon loading up the CK.

Is this normal ??

The usual number is around 590 and in these warnings i see quite a few that involve DLC's like far harbor etc..

I also see many that are related to mods that i have in my load order like "singing settler " for example.

Im confused as to how mods that im not using in the CK show up with their error warnings.

All i can do is speculate that these mods have altered main files causing the errors...

If so would a reinstall of the game fix the issue ? ( i know that using those mods and DLC's would probably screw it up again )

Edit: i tried disabling ALL the plugins / mods except for the esm's in NMM but i still see the same thing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could help but I think you are right. Mods may unintentionally alter main files. For the past two days or so, the Creation Kit crashes whenever I try to load a cell. Previous to that I was working on Crater of Atom expansions. I do notice that there are some warnings generated by mods that I create using the settlement guide. I think the warnings are common from the base game but ideally, when creating a mod, you should avoid anything that generates a warning. I think the warnings derive from what rules Bethesda implements to throw a warning. A lot of it, seems like the base game violates a lot of those rules and throws a warning. Most of it I think is harmless.

So is it common? Yes. Starting up the game or switching cells always gives me warnings.

Is it bad? Maybe?

The Creation Kit may also be reading everything in the data folder even if you disable it Nexus Mod Manager. The only way to get it to not read anything is to not have it in the Fallout 4 data folder. At least that's my theory.

1. You don't build in the working game arena, you build in the Folder named (game) where you will see another "Data" folder, here, you copy only the default master files.
  2. test it on just the main master file.
  3. the reason the CK is installed by the launcher separately is that.
  4. What they do not tell is is why or if you have to.
  5. you need to have steam running and on open, log into Bethesda before you pick a file selection.
  6. This downloads decryption files so the CK can find all of that stuff.
  7. the report, reports on all aspects of error coding during it's scan.
  8. All Bethesda games scan the Entire installation for valid content...for legal reasons.
  9. The ck is thew same as the Engine as a process. Anything at all in that data folder will be read.

Like this:

Data_errors.jpg

Edited by Purr4me

So how can we optimize the Creation Kit?

Move the exe and ini files to the Bethesda.net/Games folder? Also, elaborate on that. Did you basically copy all your Fallout 4 files into that Games folder?

What about ini tweaks to the Creation Kit files?

I reinstalled the Bethesda.net Launcher and by default it installs the Creation Kit to the Bethesda.net/games folder and there is a Data folder in it too. Previously I had it installed to the Fallout 4 Directory thinking it would need to be there like previous iterations. Basically, if I understand Purr4me correctly, by keeping it separate, it avoids scanning the entire installation and giving unnecessary warnings. The Creation Kit acts just like Fallout 4.exe in that it will read the contents of what the Data folder is, so whatever we put in the Creation Kit's Data folder, should be read by the Creation Kit. This would also keep any mods from tampering with the Creation Kit files when they overwrite during installation into the Fallout 4 Data directory.

Just tested it. Having the master and associated files in that Bethesda.net / Games / Data folder does work. It also throws less errors the less you have modules in there. I tried with just the main .esm and no other assets like .ba2 and it crashed so that's a no go. Though if you extract everything like Purr4me states it should read correctly too. Now my Creation Kit is working again. I wonder if cleaning the master files caused the issue. If that's the case you can have the vanilla masters from Bethesda in the Creation Kit Data folder for your mod making and the cleaned versions in your Fallout 4 Data directory for playing.

back in the skyrim day's the ck there just did the same thing, it don't matter how many errors the ck give it works like intended( it only show/prove how crappy work beth deliver), most simple solution just ignore those errors, do like i do make that window very very small and just put as low you can it never popup again(make custom profile)

I wish I had a big handful of LSD so that what Purr4me said could remotely make sense.

you have no idea, Bethesda threw so many curve balls to the public it just isn't funny, and you know that.

Move the exe and ini files to the Bethesda.net/Games folder?

No, not required. The ck executable knows the game is installed, the CK is an engine type FOR this game and checks the registry file as well as checks valid code.

It just needs the source code for the game so it will load all the assets.

Look at the shot, what does the CK look for ? meshes and textures only. Ba2 files extracted with the games own tools will give you what you need.

Don't use 3rd party tools for this, use theirs. " (D:\1Valve Resources\steamapps\common\Bethesda.net Launcher\games\Tools\Archive2 )" Archive2.exe

That's what you use. you will not have any DLC content in there, Just the Ba2's for the main game only and 1 folder you make called (Source) <--where the data is extracted too. mesh and textures. This will completely Isolate all the data and give you a chance to create massive mods correctly. Never install any mods in here.

you can use Mod Organiser 2 's manual settings to direct the Mod folders location in it's settings too so It tells the engine too look there instead while using the CK and switch it back to the game folder. Believe me, this is how it works. you just don't know it.

I'm gonna say this only one time "I wonder if cleaning the master files caused the issue" NEVER do that, you did not produce this game and this product was not designed to fit your whims. CLEANING is not Bethesda , it's 3rd parties. 3rd parties have no jurisdiction here. It's an opinion of 3rd party masters and users.

Get out of that habit, it's habitual and incorrect.