Serious question about error warnings in CK

greekrage

Screw it...

I have barely enough room on my SSD to run stuff as it is...i cant afford to extract more files right now...

I guess when i decide to reinstall ill do it then... Till then IGNORE like speedy said (thats what ive been doing anyhow :P )

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw it...

I have barely enough room on my SSD to run stuff as it is...i cant afford to extract more files right now...

I guess when i decide to reinstall ill do it then... Till then IGNORE like speedy said (thats what ive been doing anyhow :tongue: )

This is how I was able to repair your mod "sight unseen"

@Purr4me, could you give the Dummy version of what to do? I'm a little confused, I do always have steam logged in when working in the Ckit but, I don't always log into Beth.net. I look at your file path and assume it's where you have steam installed but, when I cross check my paths I don't have a Bethesda.net launcher\Games folder. Is this created by you or when I log into Beth.net with the launcher itself.

If that's the case why doesn't it stay around.

I know you know what your talking about, I'm just trying to understand.

Ckit but, I don't always log into Beth.net.

That's wrong, this tool requires it or else you do not get the decryption files needed to create the mods or setting correctly.

I don't have a Bethesda.net launcher\Games folder.

No way that can take place that I know of, it always installs fully intact. Leaves me wondering too.

or when I log into Beth.net with the launcher itself

This is correct..Not by my hands. "Steam + online+logged in with the browser and steam +Bethesda+logged in with the browser + logged in thru game menu launch too Beth. download while all is hot and running "qualifies you for the full Monti".

Avoiding of steam is a falsely, avoiding beth is too.

If that's the case why doesn't it stay around.

Product control "for them" not us.

That's what you use. you will not have any DLC content in there, Just the Ba2's for the main game only and 1 folder you make called (Source) <--where the data is extracted too. mesh and textures. This will completely Isolate all the data and give you a chance to create massive mods correctly. Never install any mods in here.

you can use Mod Organiser 2 's manual settings to direct the Mod folders location in it's settings too so It tells the engine too look there instead while using the CK and switch it back to the game folder. Believe me, this is how it works. you just don't know it.

So I have the Creation Kit isolated. Let me see if I am still following you:

a) Are the .cdx and .csg files needed in that folder as well?

b) Don't clean the masters. I got that and that problem is fixed.

c) What if I want to use DLC content or Nuka-World content?

d) So within the data folder I should have a folder named Source which I extract all the meshe and texture .ba2 in for the main game?

e) What about sounds, shaders, etc. .ba2?

a) the ck will unpack an archive.zip that should contain all required files and this kit is constantly updated too, just like the game is, They did how ever give you that choice to do so or not.

b)good, one less headache for me and you.

c) don't even try, that master is soooo ----screwed up---- and overwrites the main so badly, there is no way the CK can OPEN it's contents packages.

d) correct , only what you need for that session, if you need to do voice or sound modding, it's a separate session, don't overload the kit.

------------------

there are 2 ck's, in the tools folder, all the required tools needed to modify all the content in this game are contained there Including nif manipulations.

One kit is 32bit for face gens in offline mode but not recommend omitting Beth logins, you still require their "keys" to unlock processes.

Edited by Purr4me

I'm really confused now. I just uninstalled the Ckit through Beth.net launcher and then reinstalled it again through the launcher. It asked where to install and by default it's c:\Users\Chucksteel\Games\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout 4. (this is where I have steam installed so it outside of my programs folder) It never asks install to a Beth.net launcher folder. Should I change the path?

I'm logged into steam and online, I'm logged into Beth.net through the launcher to install.

Will this affect out mods in anyway? By that I mean, should I redo my settlement mods in this manner (I probably will anyways to overhaul them) to gain increased performance or stability or less errors? Some type of improvement I take it.

Chuck - I uninstalled Bethesda.net Launcher and Creation Kit and redid them both just in case I messed up the files.

In my case it points to C:\Games\Bethesda.net Launcher\games for the Creation Kit.

I'm really confused now. I just uninstalled the Ckit through Beth.net launcher and then reinstalled it again through the launcher. It asked where to install and by default it's c:\Users\Chucksteel\Games\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Fallout 4. (this is where I have steam installed so it outside of my programs folder) It never asks install to a Beth.net launcher folder. Should I change the path?

I'm logged into steam and online, I'm logged into Beth.net through the launcher to install.

use the link I provided, and your path is wrong. Your giving steam and every thing access to your system in that location.