[LE] How to place house in wolrd

Tibo97

I've created a shack and a small map. The shack is open and I don't need the teleport door thing. I want to export somehow (here i don't know) the open shack so I can simply place it in my small map, just like placing a tree. *can it be that simply btw?

All the tutorials I've watched were doing the same thing, placing a fake exterior and connection the created interior with the teleport thing.

Edited by Tibo97

Oh I guess I could have done it that way, as NextTextGorilla said. But I already build it all, separately. In the 'Interiors' tab I made a duplicate of 'Abandoned Shack' (the house Astrid kidnapps you to) and modified it thoroughly.

Now I want to save it like a CK resource, so when I edit my small map, I can find it in the same list as 'Farmhouse001' and place just like it? I can't find the duplicate house in the object list atm.

This is why it's a good practice to always name your added stuff starting with a _

_MYMOD_house01 then it will always be on top of the list

In the editor after you type in what you're looking for in the filter box of the object window

click the [ ALL ] lower in the box (like at the bottom)

I took some screensnipes if it helps.

http://imgur.com/a/IFdTs

The first image is the house I edited from a duplicate of 'AbandonedShackInterior'.

The second image is my map where I want to place the new house.

I've some thoughts now that what I'm asking it's impossible since the thing I edited is in the 'Interiors' section, I don't really quite understand how interior and exteriors work, I guess I'll just build it again directly on my map. It's my first attempt to mod.

You can try opening your interior cell, Mark everything (click at the very far left anddrag to the right) click COPY and then load the scene you want it in. Click PASTE. Curse over the location being wacky, move everything, hit SAVE and hey presto!

Glad to hear that you got it figured out. A way to select everything, in case you hadn't figured it out, is in the cell view window, right side, click the top item, then shift click the last item. Give it a moment if need be & everything is selected. I trust this more than left clicking a selection around everything. I have missed items doing it that way. To make sure you have selected everything, an additional step in being thorough, is to hit the 1 key twice, this sets all selected items at 0 opacity. If you have missed something, Ctrl click it to add to the selected count. Hit Alt+1 to bring all items back to 100 opacity.

Have fun. :)