56 replies to this topic

VoidWanderrer

VoidWanderrer

I am gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

UNOFFICIAL RECORDER GUIDE
(RIP for all of the horkers that was kill to make this guide)
(I've called it the U.R.G. not "urgh" Nexus Acronym in a nutshell)

"... Still occupied... but... the URG is now UPDATED!!!!!!! YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!.... Why Am I celebrating? I still have work to do!"
-VoidWanderrer a.k.a. MisterGram

Okay, I've read some of your command and bugs problem, so I've made this guide to summary up for temporary solution for now. I've might change it after a few weeks after Recorder's new update, or some new bug problem that needs to be testing. Hope this help.

But first thing first, if you new to modding PC Skyrim than plz read the "Tips for modding PC Skyrim", it's really essential for people who are new to PC Skyrim
=====================================================================================
Contain:
-Tips for modding PC Skyrim
-Question & Answer
-Funfacts about Recorder
-Progress update of the URG
=====================================================================================
Tips for modding PC Skyrim (for beginners):

Click on the spoiler link tab below to see the contain

Spoiler

After finishing reading this, you can now begin start searching for the guide

===================================================================================================
Question & Answer:
1 ) I can't find The lost file at *location name* ?

Spoiler

2 ) "SETSTAGE" command for Recorder's "LOST FILE QUEST"? + I ACCIDENTALLY READ THE WHITERUN FILE, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Spoiler

3) How do I get Omnico the Ball of Wonder?

Spoiler

3.5) OMNICO WON'T FOLLOW ME, IS THAT NORMAL?

Spoiler

4) HOW ABOUT THE MISSING DRUNKEN DIALOGUE?

Spoiler

5 ) I use option from *follower overhaul mod like AFT, EFF UFO, etc...* But she won't talk to me; Can't dismiss her; Can't Re-recruit her! What should I do ?

Spoiler

6 ) RECORDER'S HEAD TURN BROWN (black)! WHAT HAPPENED?!??!?!

Spoiler

7 ) RECORDER IS MUTE ! THE SUBTITLE IS THERE BUT SHE DOESN'T HAVE A VOICE? I've downloaded her optional and her main file. (Current;ly her optional face is hidden from public for now, so no need to check this part)

Spoiler

8 ) (For Newbs) How do I let Recorder stay at my home whenever I dismiss her?

Spoiler

9 ) Me and Recorder have became Lovers but after that, she seem to think that I've already married to someone else? WHAT THE TALOS?!!?!?!? And how in Oblivon do I get her spell tome??!!?!?! (FIXED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ IT!!!!!!!)

Spoiler

10 ) I ask Recorder to "wait" but she keeps following me? What should I do?

Spoiler

11 ) *For newbs again* I don't like her body type, can I change it?

Spoiler

12) I accidentally exit out the conversation when first meeting her and now her dialogue option is gone? I CAN'T TALK TO HER? WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!? SHOULD I UNINSTALL HER AND RE-STALL HER?!?!?!?!

Spoiler

13) RECORDER IS SWIMMING IN AIR?!?!? WHAT THE HORKER?!?!

Spoiler

14) Recorder doesn't dismount except when I enter into a new Area (Cell) (Dungeon, Town, Inn,Home, e.t.c...). How Can I force her to dismount?

Spoiler

15) Recorder is mounting... the ground (A.k.a. She stuck in riding animation even when she dismount her horse)... Any help?

Spoiler

16) Recorder doesn't want to get her files back, I want to remove them, is it save to remove them using console command?

Spoiler

========================================================================
Funfacts that you may or may not know about Recorder:

Spoiler

========================================================================
-Progress Update:
Spoiler

==============================================================================

Also A little something to thank you for checking out my guide. People tend to post the funny stuff, but I wanted something a little bit different. My most favorite scene out of Red vs Blues series. TY Rooster Teeth and Monty Oum for making this and giving us inspiration to make our own project

If you haven't watch it, I highly recommended to watch it during you're free time

Warning Contain SPOILER for people haven't watch RVB yet.

"There's so many stories about some brave hero decided to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after."
"But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know... if the day was really saved... In the end... they just have to have faith...Ain't that a b*tch?...." - Church, Red vs Blue

Edited by VoidWanderrer, 12 April 2017 - 03:02 PM.

Theseus12

Theseus12

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
In response to post #45017350.

Spoiler

Number 9 is one that would need taken care of, imho. Everything else is workaroundable

VoidWanderrer

VoidWanderrer

I am gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
In response to post #45017350. #45138780 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Thx for reply. But yeah, I hope I could fine a fix soon for the marriage bug :(

Anyway, this is pretty much my first Unofficial Guide, so if you guys have any more problem, plz leave a reply here instead of the comment section.

This guide is still new thats why I open this forum for more suggestion, bug, bugfix, glitch, e.t.c... So feel free to leave a comment and share it here in this forum

Edited by VoidWanderrer, 30 November 2016 - 09:30 AM.

VoidWanderrer

VoidWanderrer

I am gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
In response to post #45017350. #45138780, #45143780 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Update: 02/12/2016 (dd/mm/yyyy):
Added a 3 solution for the "Wait" Option and answer for our popular the question "How to change Recorder's body type?"

And I make some editing to the guide to make it easier and cleaner to see

Edited by VoidWanderrer, 02 December 2016 - 01:41 AM.

VoidWanderrer

VoidWanderrer

I am gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
In response to post #45017350. #45138780, #45143780, #45203125, #45276390, #45277060 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

okay the new one seem more like a mess now, going to try to clean it up

also added a "How to port Recorder to SE" to this guide as well, Thx too rgillchrest.

Edit:: now it's look a little bit better now and should be able to easier to see

Edited by VoidWanderrer, 04 December 2016 - 04:08 AM.

Theseus12

Theseus12

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
In response to post #45017350. #45138780, #45143780, #45203125, #45215570 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Seems like a new edit is in order, considering Recorder has been officially released for Special Edition

VoidWanderrer

VoidWanderrer

I am gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
In response to post #45017350. #45138780, #45143780, #45203125, #45215570, #45276390 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Yeah I just read that, re-editting it right now, hope Jeannie (Potastic Panda real name, I think, I don't remember where I read it) doesn't over work herself. She just caught a fever and yet still working hard on porting Recorder *sigh* now I feel pretty guilty for doubting her. Hope she gets better soon

Edit: Done

Edited by VoidWanderrer, 04 December 2016 - 03:13 AM.

RazortheZombie

RazortheZombie

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

i accidentally exited out of the conversation when first meeting her and now her dialogue option is gone... she addresses me as though she knows me though

EDIT: loading the save with her uninstalled and then reinstalling her fixed it, but i think fixing it might be a smart thing?

Edited by RazortheZombie, 13 December 2016 - 08:33 AM.

VoidWanderrer

VoidWanderrer

I am gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
In response to post #45592985.

Spoiler

Well, depend actually, If you did a clean save install than everything will be alright

Unistall a mod without clean save will create a very big mess in your game like causing CTD and stuff. But I don't think you need to do something like uninstall and reinstall her. It's a little bit to extreme if you have that problem. Just load from your last save if you accidentally exit her conversation.

Butanyway yeah, You should clean up your save game before using it again. Here use this, remember to follow the instruction from the description: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

And remember to endorse it

Edited by VoidWanderrer, 13 December 2016 - 10:44 AM.

RazortheZombie

RazortheZombie

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

In response to post #45592985.

Spoiler
Well, depend actually, If you did a clean save install than everything will be alright

Unistall a mod without clean save will create a very big mess in your game like causing CTD and stuff. But I don't think you need to do something like uninstall and reinstall her. It's a little bit to extreme if you have that problem. Just load from your last save if you accidentally exit her conversation.

Butanyway yeah, You should clean up your save game before using it again. Here use this, remember to follow the instruction from the description: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/52363/?

And remember to endorse

as i said it worked to reinstall her with a save in between, i havent noticed any after effects whatsoever. but its still a bug that might happen to others so it might be worth to look into it :)

Page loaded in: 0.797 seconds