Invisible Cheskos Wearable Lantern and constant haircolor change

Stahlvormund101

Hey guys,

as you can see from the title, I am using Chesko's Wearable Lantern mod in tandem with Darker Dungeons and an ENB to ensure I got enough light on my adventures.

It also worked great until lately, when:

-Lantern when equipped would not show on my character no matter the position and would not emit light

which now resolved itself I guess but now

-Lantern emits light when equipped but is invisible on its equipment position with only the flame showing. Casing is invisible

My second problem is that when I load my safegame, my hair color is changed from a custom made Red to a black. I can easily revert that by reloading my Racemenu preset .json but it is annoying.

And my third problem is that I use Sneak Tools which should grant me an option for a popup menu when pressing "Use" on a NPC while sneaking that two options "Slit Throat" and "Pickpocket" should appear, which doesnt happen all the time anymore.

I kinda assume I have an SKSE issue or similar, but as these arent MOrganized, I am cautious on fiddling with them.

I also find it very weird that these problem appeared out of the blue. I did some mod-cleanign with TES5Edit but have reverted the changes with the help of the backup files. No mods were added and no mod order changes applied.

I regularly use LOOT to organize plugin order too.

If you need mod order to help me, I will post it.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance for help,

Stahlvormund

PS: I asked about the Wearable Lantern issue in the corresponding forum thread on nexusmods, but no answer so far. And as I got multiple issues which may come from the same source, I thought I'd ask em here.

A load order of your mods posted from LOOT in your "..." menu copied and pasted here wouldn't hurt. Just because LOOT is sorting, doesn't mean it is optimal.

Also I guessing you are using Mod Organizer from your 'MOrganized' statement, but I just want to make sure.

A load order of your mods posted from LOOT in your "..." menu copied and pasted here wouldn't hurt. Just because LOOT is sorting, doesn't mean it is optimal.

Also I guessing you are using Mod Organizer from your 'MOrganized' statement, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Here is the loadorder and modlist, automatically generated by MO.

For the most part I don't see what is wrong. I would suggest the end of your load order goes like this:

[.esp files]

[Animation files]

[XPMSE]

Alternate start

and then let LOOT figure out the rest.

The problem isn't likely with Chesko's mod, but perhaps if you check your mods and see if anything messes with Slot 55 at all. It could be that two items are trying to equip to the same region. You might be able to go to your TES5Edit and select all of your mods, then apply a filter for checking for errors and see which ones are in conflict if you know how to do that.

Other than that, just make sure your left pane of MO is matching your LOOT sorted RIGHT pane. Otherwise you can get some issues; and make sure your overwrites are empty.

For the most part I don't see what is wrong. I would suggest the end of your load order goes like this:

[.esp files]

[Animation files]

[XPMSE]

Alternate start

and then let LOOT figure out the rest.

The problem isn't likely with Chesko's mod, but perhaps if you check your mods and see if anything messes with Slot 55 at all. It could be that two items are trying to equip to the same region. You might be able to go to your TES5Edit and select all of your mods, then apply a filter for checking for errors and see which ones are in conflict if you know how to do that.

Other than that, just make sure your left pane of MO is matching your LOOT sorted RIGHT pane. Otherwise you can get some issues; and make sure your overwrites are empty.

Yeh, thats why my guess was it may be an issue with corrupted files or scripts.

I will try a new save and see if the issue persists.

edit: XXXX, it's just as I have feared. On a new save, no problems. Is there a way to recycle the save? I may be able to load a previous save, but I'd like to know if I could "fix" a save.

Edited by Stahlvormund101

I think there is a Skyrim Save Cleaner, but I hear it isn't perfect. I've never used it though.

I ran TES5Edit, loaded all mods and applied Filter for conflicts.

This screenshot is the result.

It seems the TorchIdle from ZaZAnimation Pack conflicts with Chesko Wearable Lantern, or am I seeing something that isnt there?

Also, I can't see how any of these mods may be responsible for my hair color returning to black all the time.

http://imgur.com/a/94QHA

I would say that if on your new game there are no problems, then your problem is already fixed. Whatever it was was sorted in the changes you've made. I wouldn't make more unless it is necessary. Try your SSCleaner and see if that helps. If not, well you could try to disable the Torchidle, but it may end up causing more problems if the SSC can't clean those scripts from your saved game.

I would say that if on your new game there are no problems, then your problem is already fixed. Whatever it was was sorted in the changes you've made. I wouldn't make more unless it is necessary. Try your SSCleaner and see if that helps. If not, well you could try to disable the Torchidle, but it may end up causing more problems if the SSC can't clean those scripts from your saved game.

I have pinpointed the problem now. It is marrying Serana. Either it is the marrying generally, or specifically "Marriable Serana" and executing the marriage that breaks all of this.

I loaded a save pre-wedding and the hair color stayed normal. After the wedding, saving and loading, hair color is black.

Lantern was invisible both pre-wedding and post-wedding, but I think that has to do with some corruption.