New Truck Gate w/ Lights (see picture, trust me)

YiJiaotu

Greetings. I happened upon some Fallout artwork and knew that somewhere out there, a talented modder could make something like this a reality.

Here's the picture: http://vermaden.deviantart.com/art/Fallout-3-Junkwall-45093773

The main things I found that would be features:

- grille gutted, used as a doorway (so a door snapping point would be great; a door themed after the grille would be even cooler)

- headlights working, possibly require a conduit connection or something

- perhaps a built in guard station function

I just think this would be something phenomenal. Something that seems so small, but does so much. It's really a neat idea. But I'm sure it's a pain to even begin working on. But I figured I throw the idea out there.

I like!

Actually, some more recycled junk walls in general would be awesome - why not flip the trailer of the truck and make a wall out of that too? Cars, too. They're there for the taking, but instead we use tires and wood. (I assume you'd take the nuclear stuff out the car first to prevent explosions.)

Thinking further, how about one of those buses that you can enter, but with one side ripped off and open. Basically function like a guard post, it would make a long section of wall while giving cover from the rain/sun and bullets. Although I suspect the nav meshing for it might go wonky.

I like!

Actually, some more recycled junk walls in general would be awesome - why not flip the trailer of the truck and make a wall out of that too? Cars, too. They're there for the taking, but instead we use tires and wood. (I assume you'd take the nuclear stuff out the car first to prevent explosions.)

Thinking further, how about one of those buses that you can enter, but with one side ripped off and open. Basically function like a guard post, it would make a long section of wall while giving cover from the rain/sun and bullets. Although I suspect the nav meshing for it might go wonky.

I've actually done the trailer wall thing for a personal mod of mine lol, only annoyance there is the collision for the bottom of the trailer extends further than you'd think, but it doesn't matter too much. Would highly recommend Thematic and Practical as a mod tho for similar stuff.

I was gonna try this, but we started getting a little more complicated than I think I can handle. Sorry. =(

Have an alternative version of the BOS barricade (that can be workshop built) for my own thing (just waiting until I figure how to make buildables that are only buildable in my own worldspace), but that was easy'ish. This one has a too high amount of odds and ends to figure out for my available time.

...but who knows.

I like!

Stuyk has a great article on navmeshing settlement objects that I plan to use for my next couple of mods. I plan to do some prefabs and another project I'm not yet ready to share publicly but involves structures as well. Tweaking the mesh for the bus in the way you suggest is beyond my current ability but the navmeshing of it really isn't as bad as you think. It's actually pretty much the same as normal navmeshing, just applied to an object instead of the ground. http://stuyk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26

I really need to get my mod updates done so I can start new ones. :D

• 3 months later...