New Truck Gate w/ Lights (see picture, trust me)

YiJiaotu

Returning to the truck idea, there's also the problem with the model's collision. Currently not even the player would be able to walk through the grille.

I've just placed a door in front of the vanilla truck model in NIfSkope and it's about the same width as the grille. So that's solved at least. Next I could place the truck on some barrels or anything, so it wouldn't have to be resized (immersion purposes) for a person to be able to walk through. I suppose this could be done via static collections, so only the truck's collision would require changes. However, you can't have powered objects in a static collision! (I only tried once though.)

I've also created a few lamps, but only static ones (they were always turned on).

Anyway, hopefully someone notices this thread, who can modify collision objects and helps us out.

this is an awesome thread, and thanks for everyone sharing what is frankly,

an awesome concept! with this many modders, it's surely a matter of time before this

becomes a playable mod.

modders assemble, collab up hehe

so, what are we envisaging?

a truck-gate, that lifts up like a guillotine? (it's like a big gate to your main entrance to a settlement)

it has razor sharp spines, rebar and blades underneath it - it's a novelty way for raiders/smart supers to smoosh enemies etc?

more of an environmental threat ala Dark Souls or Prince of Persia etc?

or, like in New Vegas/ retro Rockabilly theme restaurants and bars,

where the car is cut up down the middle,

with a fender and all around it -

sorta like Snap-n-Build style modular doorway frames and the such like?

when you 'ring the door bell', the sirens and lights go etc?

that'd go great with the Corvega Trunk sofa,

the scrap corvega/firehydrant/glass coffee table,

and vehicle themed stuff in Sturges' room at Starlight City.

Or, are we envisaging that toppled bus/bridge thing near Parsons Insane Asylum,

where its a door cut into the body of the truck as a "player modular home" type thing?

a ploppable house style project?

or, possibly all three?

if it's a guillotine-truck door

that sounds like an elevator - of doom. an elevator that kills whatever is underneath it in the base part,

with 'bloody mess perk' or 'wasteland contraptions' level of 'machinery accident'.

you folks'd enjoy Perraine, GreekRage, DDProductions, DarthWayne, all that kinda stuff.

it could be doable, to have say a frame,

and bind that to the elevator node...

It's sorta like that Airliner massive 3 story wing-gate mod.

tangent - put the XOR timer to 2 seconds and 6 seconds,

and that thing will be guillotining like a machine.

Greekrage makes a ton of 'secret entrances' and the suchlike,

the dodgy 'scrap/wastelander elevator' is awesome

so maybe if we ask greekrage extra nice, it might get on the backburner pile hehe.

-----

if it is a programmable/wired-in door frame snap-n-build modular style,

that'll be trickier and will require splice-n-welding or

whole new scratch object mesh in the likeness of your truck and all to happen.

as luck would have it, a lead-adventure.de user has an awesome couple

fallout truck meshes that might be perfect for that already...

-----

if it's a modular plopable house, made from truck parts and scraps and metal..

that'd be AWESOME too,

a couple of different cut-ups and dodgy welds, some wire and starpickets, sheets of tin or fabric and tarps,

and there it is - your Corvega Chrysulus made into a home.

perfect for novelty-themed hotels at The Slog etc.

It'd have to come in parts, as well as small, medium and a large one (the truck body one could be large).

Athanasa, is this what you had in mind?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0uh7FF5fNUmcmk1UzFReFFCOXc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0uh7FF5fNUmOXRzZUdSeFRIVG8/view?usp=sharing

I've only done the trailer so far. Of course this monster's a bit tricky to place. I might have to get some practice at overriding Object Bounds. For now those are not set. I might try making small parts of it sink into the ground, because at the moment it easily ends up partially floating.

If you guys like it, help me find some models for support, to prop it from behind. And since I'm pretty sure people will want to build walkways on top of it, I'll also need models for supports that would hold the walkways. It's enough if you find it in the game and point me at it (show me a screenshot maybe).

Here's a link to the mod file as well, so you could try it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0uh7FF5fNUmWGYyUHdpUUs3NVU/view?usp=sharing

Considering the bus with its side ripped off, it raises the same problem as the truck gate: I can delete parts of the model, but I don't know how to delete parts of the collision object. So you'd end up walking into an invisible wall. :( There's the possibility to use other preexisting collision objects with the bus, but where on earth would we find some that fit...

And chucksteel, you were thinking about Junktown, right?

Edited by Cycllink