Morrowind Overhaul - Bugs and Virus, seeking clarification

DrDeadman

Hey all, did some searching and didn't find a post on this topic, if I missed something and this is a repeat I apologize!

I recently did a reformat and upgraded to windows 10, will be moving to a new location with limited data so I'd like some clarification on the "Morrowind Overhaul - Sound and Graphics" mod. I've used this mod before, on the last three installations of windows and only recently within the last year did my antivirus find a supposed virus (trojan) hiding in the code.

After spending two days re-downloading about 500gb of games again, I'm a little reluctant to expose my fresh install to potential infection; unless it's been confirmed this "trojan" is indeed a false positive.

So, has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know if it's truly a virus? Has anyone experienced any of the broken doors or missing items that make progression later on in the game impossible? If so, are there any known fixes/workarounds?

If yes to the virus, or game-breaking bugs, any advice as to another method to get similar graphical results? I've tried installing a bevy of mods on their own, but that ended up breaking my game. My fault, I'm sure.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!