Fire barrels will not flicker. The flames are static!

Mitigate

I've not heard of that issue before so not really sure what to suggest to fix it. But there is a mod which improves firelight flickering that might end up solving the problem as well. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13300/?

Thanks for responding. I am already using this mod. Sadly it doesn't fix the static flames :(

If it helps anyone else though, in the barrel fires, the embers are also see through... Now I know that in Skyrim this was caused by AA Transparency. It would make Cows and Khajiit, as well as Dragon burial mounds have see-through textures.

So it would seem that ENBOOST is responsible for this. Upon removing it's files from my game folder, the issue has gone away.

EDIT: Hmm, perhaps not, I also reset my .ini files which could have done the trick. More testing then.

Edited by Mitigate

• 2 weeks later...

Have you found out why this happens, yet? It's your set of mods and you said you'd do some testing.

Been using ENBoost for FO4 since it was released and have meanwhile tried over a thousand mods with over 8000hrs in the game and never had static flames in whatever combination.

I had an issue once that took me fom friday evening til monday afternoon -with seven hours of sleep in that period- to test mods combinations; re-installing the game a couple of times and load every single mod one by one and test. Had 333 mods with 254 plug-ins at the time...

Nope. Haven't found the culprit. My mod list is tiny too. I only have the basic essentials.

I have:
'UFO4P'
'Darker Nights'
'Achievements'
'ENBoost'
'Glowing Animals Emit Light'
'Full Dialogue Interface'
'Enhanced Flickering Firelight' - I thought this might fix it. It didn't, but it made fire light look better...
'FAR'
And 'Vivid Fallout Series'

That's it. Only disabling ENBoost fixed it for a time, however the issue came back again.

Edited by Mitigate