Dark Souls inspired mod that adds chimes and talismans

FlamingDonut308

So in Dark Souls there are weapons that are used to cast miracles (mostly holy-healing spells) and they are called chimes or talismans. They are really cool and I want them to be in skyrim so my paladin play-through does not have to focus so much on magic, and use the chimes/talismans to heal and be grossly incandescent \[T]/

I never modded before, but I want to learn how to do it. I have a plan for what I need to do, but I just don't know how to do it:

I know that I need to create a standalone staff with my uniquely created meshes and textures (I want them to have a unique animation and sound effects but idk if that is even possible).

I don't know how to create my own mesh.nif and texture files, but I am more than willing to do that if someone can teach me :D

Let me know what you think.

BTW some of the spells are already in the restoration tree of colorful magic <http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37440/?> such as sacred oath, area healing, wrath of the gods, etc. and that mod has this special effect around it when casting sacred oath and area healing that looks like this mod <http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58244/?> and that almost looks like the special effect when casting a miracle in dark souls! So yeah that would be another cool thing to add to my chimes, if possible.

Here are some of my ideas (please don't steal them, but I am willing to share credit with those that help me):

Name (what it looks like) -- spell that it casts "description of spell"

Mara's Sacred chime (looks like yorshka's chime from Dark Souls 3) -- Soothing Sunlight "Fully heals yourself and all allies in the vicinity"

Sacred Chime of the 8 (or 9) Divines (looks like the cleric's sacred chime from Dark Souls 3) -- Caressing Tears "Cures all disease and poison"

Sunlight Talisman (looks like the talisman with the same name) -- Sunlight Spear "Hurl a blessed spear of lightning, dealing double damage to dragons, the undead, and other unholy creatures"

side note (the lightning is yellow/gold instead of purple)

Priest's Chime (looks like the chime of the same name in Dark Souls 3)-- Sacred Oath "For 60 seconds, you deal 10% more damage and receive 10% less damage"

Azura's Talisman (looks like the sunless talisman in Dark Souls 3) -- vow of silence "Temporarily prevents the use of magic within the vicinity"

idk how but it would be cool to have a passive ability called unfaltering prayer that makes the person holding this never get staggered for the talismans, and a different passive for chimes

that increases health regeneration slightly

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I created the mesh and texture for the first chime... I have no idea how I am going to create an animation lol.

I need help figuring out how to use the creation kit to put this in the game. The only thing that I came up with (since I am still learning how to use it) is to create a new restoration staff that uses the model for staff01 and casts the spell effect that heals yourself (the animation is really wonky btw), and then go into the data folder and just replace the mesh and textures for staff01 with the ones that I created. The problem is that ALL of the restoration staffs look like my chime and for some reason it is invisible for all instances except when you hold it (I can deal with that I guess lol).

I just really need someone to create an animation for me and teach me how to use the creation kit please :)