Setting a Perk Condition to Remove a Spell.

KravisGile

Create a single spell with all the effects you need, add conditions to each effect to check heath, make sure that they don't intersect. Add this spell to NPC.

NPC will keep casting the same spell, but depending on it's health the visuals and effect(s) will be completely different. The only limitation is that effects must all have the same target type, you can't mix area affect and targeted spells for example, and shouts.

Actually, after a brief thought, you can mix different spells.

Lets assume that NPC boss will have 3 health stages: 1st stage he will use targeted spell(s), 2nd stage area affect, 3rd shouts.

Create 3 spells for each type, add effects like I mentioned but also add a dummy effect to each spell with opposite condition(s). For example for the 1st stage the real spell effect will use GetHealth >= 70% and dummy effect < 70%. The only purpose of dummy effect (archetype=script should work) is to do nothing but cost ridiculous amount of magicka wich you can tweak in MGEF so when it's condition matches there is no way for NPCs to cast it. This way at every boss stage only a single spell (or limited number of spells) will have enough magicka cost for NPC to cast.

Remeber that all those conditions must be directly on the effects in spells, not on the magic effects themselves.

1. Why do you not want to use script?

2. You could put a (GetHealthPercentage) condition on the spells that would only allow them to work if the NPC was at a certain health level.

I suggested this on the first page, but because I have not worked in the kit for three months and was not at my "Modding" computer, I did not verify Laydor's claim that you can only put the Conditions on the Magic Effects. You click the effect in the spell template and put the condition on the Effect Item Template.

I am going to get you Laydor! :laugh:

However, not to put all the blame on Laydor, I do not believe this option will get the result you would hope for in a Boss Battle.

If you do not use script to add, equip and remove the spells, the results are not going to be very good. There will be lags between the times the spell or shout is no longer available and the NPC equips the new spell.

I have actually worked on this extensively with Dragon Priests "attempting" to turn them into really good opponents, the Conditions went on the Effect Item Template.

That said if this person is totally unwilling to use scripts, setting a (GetHealthPercentage) in the Effect Item Template will work.

Thanks Zilav! :devil:

Edited by Masterofnet

Actually, after a brief thought, you can mix different spells.

Lets assume that NPC boss will have 3 health stages: 1st stage he will use targeted spell(s), 2nd stage area affect, 3rd shouts.

Create 3 spells for each type, add effects like I mentioned but also add a dummy effect to each spell with opposite condition(s). For example for the 1st stage the real spell effect will use GetHealth >= 70% and dummy effect < 70%. The only purpose of dummy effect (archetype=script should work) is to do nothing but cost ridiculous amount of magicka wich you can tweak in MGEF so when it's condition matches there is no way for NPCs to cast it. This way at every boss stage only a single spell (or limited number of spells) will have enough magicka cost for NPC to cast.

Remeber that all those conditions must be directly on the effects in spells, not on the magic effects themselves.

Making the spells uncastable by increasing the magicka costs at certain health stages was my first idea. The OP wants the spell to be a shout, which hasn't got a magicka cost, so that idea is out. At this point I think we just need to make sure OP's CK can find the source code for all the scripts XD

I've tried everything I could think of. The scripts, extracted from the Misc.bsa and the Scripts.zip file are all in Scripts or Scripts\Source.

The scripts Zip file should not be in the folder. All you should have to do is unpack it using 7zip and the zip file should stay were it is and create the proper folders.

The "Edit Source" option on scripts in the CK is grayed out and unclickable. Creating a new script extending to ObjectReference gives an "Extend Script does not exist" even though I am literally looking at the ObjectReference script, sitting in the list when filtered...

Is there something inherently disabled in the SSE CK (perhaps a CreationKit.ini line) that is preventing me from doing anything with scripting?

The scripts are not unpacked properly period. And unless you have done some scripting the Scripts folder should be empty except for the source folder. The zip file should not be in there.

Also if you are using DLC assets for this you need to first copy the Dawnguard scripts and paste them in the Source folder, then Hearthfire, then Dragonborn. The actual scripts not the folders.

If I am missing something here or the SE kit is different in some way please elaborate.

Edited by Masterofnet

If I am missing something here or the SE kit is different in some way please elaborate.

Actually, the SE CK should unzip everything for you so you don't have to do anything manually.

But, the default folder hierarchy is different for the Special Edition CK. What it should look like is: "Data\Source\Scripts\*.psc" or "Data\Source\Scripts\DLCName\*.psc"

1. Why do you not want to use script?

2. You could put a (GetHealthPercentage) condition on the spells that would only allow them to work if the NPC was at a certain health level.

I suggested this on the first page, but because I have not worked in the kit for three months and was not at my "Modding" computer, I did not verify Laydor's claim that you can only put the Conditions on the Magic Effects. You click the effect in the spell template and put the condition on the Effect Item Template.

I am going to get you Laydor! :laugh:

Where did I say that? I don't recall saying you can only put the condition on the magic effect and not in the spell.

2. You could put a (GetHealthPercentage) condition on the spells that would only allow them to work if the NPC was a a certain health level.

That only works on the magic effect, which still allows the NPC to cast the spell, but has no effect.

Right you shut down one effect and turn on another. The NPC would not be casting a spell with no effect. I took this to mean you were saying you could only put conditions on the Magic Effects. It would not be a realistic idea to create that many magic effects just to do this. It is my fault I have done a lot of work with spells and magic effects so I should have remembered. I thought It might be possible I was thinking of Enchantments. As I also stated I did not think this was the way to go anyway so I was not all that interested in pursuing it.

Edited by Masterofnet