Would Serana Support the Stormcloaks or the Empire?

Icky46111

So I'm currently in a playthrough where I have tried to replicate Serana as a character if (after the events of the Dawnguard side of the Dawnguard DLC and being cured of vampirism) she were to strike out on her own adventures out in Skyrim (I figure the Dragonborn is out handling anything Dragonborn related), seeing what it has become after so many years entombed. Currently I am at a point in my playthrough where I am about to start resolving the civil war, but I am absolutely stuck about what to do. So my question to you all is:

Do you think she would side with the Empire or with the Stormcloaks? Do you think she would just avoid the conflict entirely?

I can think of many reasons why she would side with one or the other, and plenty of other reasons she would avoid it altogether, but I want to hear the Nexus weigh in on such a question.

She seemed apathetic towards wars of succession, when she expressed her lack of surprise that those are still going on after being released centuries later, but she was surprised to hear about the founding of an Empire. She wouldn't know about Talos / Tiber Septim, or anything immediately leading up to or after the founding of the First Empire. She would only know about the stuff after awakening again, and some of Skyrim's history prior to when she was entombed. She doesn't seem to be particularly scornful of other races, but then again as far as I can tell she doesn't really weigh in on them at any point, unless I missed something. What sort of beliefs would a nord displaced so far in time hold?

What are your thoughts on this, Nexus members? Is there something I may have missed? What else do you think she would or would not do?

She would most likely stay out of it. If you talk to her while wearing an Amulet of Mara, you discover she doesn't want anything to do with Temples, and by extension the gods that are worshiped therein; not surprising when you consider how she became a vampire in the first place. So, a war over religious freedoms would probably be of little concern to her. And when you look at her relationship with her father and then look at the fact that he was an insane king before becoming an insane vampire, it isn't hard to imagine that she would also want to fight shy of political matters as well.

My take on Serana is, she's a woman who had the first part of her life mapped out for her, and now she's going to go her own way.

As others have said, she would not really care. She's more concerned with vampires and vampirism than anything else, and even then she gets out of the way of the inner politics of such.