Grim (a 'choose your path' text adventure)

DoctorKaizeld

Game thread: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5137835-grim/

Well guys I have always wanted to try this. So the general idea is that I will write a narrative but you will choose how the lead character interacts with the world around them and help solve problems, mysteries and puzzles as well as generally try to survive. Any number of participants are allowed and you can choose to discuss what to do next or simply choose to have the character do anything you want. Though there are some limitations based on the rules of the world being played and the characters own limitations which will be listed below.

General Rules:

1) All Nexus Site rules must be followed (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/188-forum-rules-and-warnings/)

2) Read number one as that covers most of the needed general rules

3) When talking to another player or me please use @insert-user-name-here. this way i can distinguish actions, discussions, and questions.

4) Feel free to hop in and out of the game at will whenever you want. Though please come back.

Main Character:

Name: Sam Reily

Sex: Female

Hair: black, cut shoulder length, not well groomed

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Height: 5' 4"

Physical Abilities: unknown, athletic build suggests regular exercise

New Details:

Full length tattoo covering left arm with "M GRIM I C LUCEM" being the only legible 'words'

World rules:

Planet: Earth

Setup:

1) You can choose any action, all players act as a sort of inner voice to the character which she can ignore or disagree with. Now you're probably thinking "oh great so i can't have her Punch a Wall really hard!" well... no you actually can. What i mean is that certain things will not be accepted to account for troll posts and the like and in other cases you may need to be some what convincing. If you could persuade Sam to do something she initially didn't feel like/want to do she will do it. You can even tell her to Jump if you want.

To post an action simply post a description of what you want Sam to do. For example if she is sitting by posting "Stand up" she will proceed to stand. all commands follow this set of rules and can even be chained together, such as "Stand up and open door" in which case she will complete the actions as they are listed unless something prevents an action such as a locked door.

2) I will only describe each entered room or location from the perspective of someone who has entered a room but hasn't really looked around. Essentially only things that can be seen from the door will be described initially, you have to tell the lead to look around or to enter the room otherwise you can choose to move on.

3) I will not tell the rules of the world you are in. I will say it is similar to the real world but with some differences that you must figure out, this is the same for Sam as well. As you find them though i will add it to the Character description/World Rules above. Just announce the rule you found and i will tell you if you are right, close, or wrong.

4) Inventory is anything Sam can hold in her hands or put in any pockets or bags she may have. If both hands are full you can not do anything that requires them until the item is set down. Also

Sam will not pick things back up after setting it down unless told to do so. At anytime you can ask what her inventory is and I will tell you.

5) Ask questions, if you need me to explain something then i will. I can even give you hints if you're stuck on something but I won't hand hold you.

6) The beginning is a little restrictive but as the story progresses it will open up and far more options will become available.

7) Currently no ending. at this point we could seriously reach a point where we are just living out the day to day life of Sam. To keep from railroading i have decided not to look to far in the future for the story as i want you to have as much freedom as you can.

:cool: Anytime we hit a wall (such as dying) i will revert back to the previous point prior to the No Return Action.

9) Sam can die.

10) Be creative, something you didn't think would work in the real world might in this one.

11) Read everything! I might drop some clever hints or important details anywhere. If you get a Light Bulb moment speak up dang it!

game thread: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5137835-grim/

Edited by qwertyzeldar