fully furbished homes / workshops for settlements?

badiyee85

Hi.

I'm just going to ask this, and please don't flame me. I just don't enjoy spending time doing The SIMs-like / minecraft-like stuffs. I just, don't.

What I wanted to ask, is that if there are already "pre-built houses with the necessities, lights, beds, bathrooms, kitchens, doors, toolboxes", for settlers, that can be just "summoned" (like you summon the walls, furnitures, etc in the fallout 4 build mode)

I mean, I'm not good at it, and the impression I have after scouring the mods is that for a settlement to thrive (minus the defense, since defense you really need to build around it)

a) houses

b) workshops

c) greenhouses

if such mods with already the stuffs IN it already exist, please do kindly link me there (as i'm not aware that a fully furbished pre-built homes mod exists)

Thanks.

To explain the why's of this, the pre-fab homes that came with vanilla in the wood and metal sections are essentially what are called "static collections" in the creation kit. Those are actually fairly easy to make. I can also very easily make these static collections with furniture and decor, etc. The problem is that once beds are combined into a static collection, they no longer count as beds in terms of settlement needs because they're no longer recognized as such. Same with plants in a greenhouse collection. You also can't assign settlers to the beds or plants that are combined into a static collection because they aren't recognized as separate meshes but rather one big combo mesh.

BUT....I've been working with three other mod authors on a giant settlement decor mod and the part I've contributed is "Lazy Furniture" which has pre-decorated furniture that you can stick down quickly. We're in the process of wrapping things up to publish it finally. I also have plans to make new pre-febs in a future mod, though that will probably be a couple of months from now before it gets released. I have to get motivated first. :D

Edited to add: Anything that you need to interact with such as containers, doors, etc. will also not function in static collections.

Edited by damanding

What if you had a blank house with internal snap points for you to add beds etc to? I guess the entire lot would need to have it's own category and furniture versions (due to adding snap points to beds etc).

Sort of a middle ground. The current mode is KNex, what OP was looking for is premade, and this would be Ikea Flat Pack Furniture.

Sort of like Red Rocket Reborn (Can't check title, Phone :/)