NVSE Problem

Lorcanis

Ok, fairly new to the game (3 days) I have played the living **** out of Fallout 3 and loved it, so got New Vegas and started looking at fun mods, nothing cheat wise or god wise yet as I want to beat the game first then cheats are fun.... But my problem is I downloaded Nexus Mod Manager, then realized I need NVSE. so went to the official site to get it, got NVSE_2_beta12. Unzipped it, dropped it into the folder specified by the readme file included (C:/Program Files (X86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Fallout New Vegas) and thought that was all there was, but when I started the game (using the NVSE Launcher) it loads fine, I start the game and get a message that NVSE was not detected and my mods that need it are not loaded because of that problem... I dont know what else to do or much about modding the game other than mods that do not need additional software to run. Any help would be greatly appreciated. if any more information is needed just ask and I will provide anything I can.

Ok, fairly new to the game (3 days) I have played the living **** out of Fallout 3 and loved it, so got New Vegas and started looking at fun mods, nothing cheat wise or god wise yet as I want to beat the game first then cheats are fun.... But my problem is I downloaded Nexus Mod Manager, then realized I need NVSE. so went to the official site to get it, got NVSE_2_beta12. Unzipped it, dropped it into the folder specified by the readme file included (C:/Program Files (X86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Fallout New Vegas) and thought that was all there was, but when I started the game (using the NVSE Launcher) it loads fine, I start the game and get a message that NVSE was not detected and my mods that need it are not loaded because of that problem... I dont know what else to do or much about modding the game other than mods that do not need additional software to run. Any help would be greatly appreciated. if any more information is needed just ask and I will provide anything I can.

Sometimes mod manager makes a mess of things and it is better to install a mod manually and just use the mod manager to mark it as active.

Unzip NVSE to a folder anywhere and then manually drag and drop the files into your NV folder as detailed in your post, ensure that they have ended up there and not in your data folder.

Once that is done create a shortcut if you need one to NVSE and start steam and click the shortcut and this should work.

I have had problems in the past with mod managers putting things in the wrong place or even making a new data folder inside the real data folder which also makes things not work.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response, I actually talked to a friend last night on the phone and he taught me a trick with Nexus Mod Manager. He told me to open the manager, activate the mods and instead of clicking "Launch Fallout New Vegas" there is an option to "Launch NVSE" when I did that it all started working perfectly, I am just glad I got that figured out, this game is a lot of fun and I can foresee myself playing it repeatedly like I did with Fallout 3!

• 5 months later...

Thank you for the response, I actually talked to a friend last night on the phone and he taught me a trick with Nexus Mod Manager. He told me to open the manager, activate the mods and instead of clicking "Launch Fallout New Vegas" there is an option to "Launch NVSE" when I did that it all started working perfectly, I am just glad I got that figured out, this game is a lot of fun and I can foresee myself playing it repeatedly like I did with Fallout 3!

how do you launch from NVSE i cant find the setting

• 2 months later...

Look closely at the 'Launch Fallout3' tab - right beside it there is a small arrow. Click on that arrow to get a drop down menu with the launch options. :thumbsup:

It's the same for the other games supported - each one will have that small arrow and a list of options for launching your game.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for posting this on this thread, but I can't seem to make my own thread, as it says there is an error. But, I was wondering if I could still safely use the Nexus Mod Manager while using the NVSE launcher.

Example: I download a mod onto the Mod Manager and mark it as active, will it still be there and still work, when I launch Fallout NV through the NVSE launcher?

Oh, and I have Fallout NV through Steam.

Edited by Consgrove