Freezes and Load Crashes

EasternRomioi3

Hey guys, I just got back into Skyrim after getting a new Samsung EVO 850 SSD so I could put more stuff into the game but I'm encountering an issue. I am a super novice with this level of PC stuff so, here's my question, as you can tell by my topic, it has to do with freezes and crashes. Let me give you some info first, I am using an AMD FX - 8320 Eight-Core Processor. I have 8GM of RAM, and I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics card. I know everything there is outdated by 2016's standards and probably by 2014's standards when I bought them. But I only made minimum PA wage then so I didn't have money to throw around.

Anyways, back to the topic. My game stutters with frame rate drops seldom, but generally when there's a lot of NPCs around, go figure, usual stuff. But the thing that gets me, is the freezing. It just freezes if I try to do something. Like, last time it froze, I had 3 NPCs standing next to me and I tried to fast travel and it was raining, so it froze. Sometimes that happens. Does anyone know how to fix this? Would it be as simple as upgrading my graphics card? Things couldn't be that simple, could it? I have my eye on a NVIDIA 950 just because I'm not made of money even with all my promotions. Plus, last time I went to buy stuff for myself, some drunk on Saint Patrick's Day nailed my car. So now I get all paranoid about buying stuff lol. Someone's waiting to hit my car or slash my tires...maybe, idk, I'm a worrisome man.

Can anyone give me a little guidance on this issue so I can take steps to correcting it. I have so many ideas but none seem right. I know a new processor is out of the question since I know NO ONE who can properly install that stuff, mainly the thermal paste issue. More RAM? Just curious. I play the game on ultra and I would love to keep the mods I have. I recently got Populated Cities and Populated Roads. I have been using Expanded Towns and Cities, when using just that alone, no freezes. I might have to limit my NPC amount to fix it, simply put.

Thanks guys, let me know your opinions and guidance, if you can! Thank you!

That video card should be fine for normal Skyrim, and even using mods. It could be something to do with your memory allocation. Perhaps check out Crash Fixes on the Nexus and see if that helps your issues. It possibly could also be a load order issues with your .esms or mods. Make sure you read all the compatibility sections on the pages that you've downloaded the mods, and make sure you have installed SKSE properly. Here is a handy video to help you get started modding properly.

I will certainly check these videos out. I am like 99% sure I have SKSE installed properly, I regularly make use of LOOT, I habitually run FNIS when I need to. I have been actively modding Skyrim since 2014 and gotten quite good at it. Like, I have memorized most of the terms so this video series makes sense to me. It's like, first when you jump into Skyrim modding, you need to learn the new vocab for modding and new vocab for PC stuff, like, I didn't even know what an SSD was till someone said "you should get an SSD, they run games great."

Second, what is this...voodoo you speak of!? A Crash Fixes mod file for the NMM?!?!? How could such a thing exist lol. I will download this promptly!