Ammo doesn't have a "weight" field in CK...

dbtad

I'm new to CK, so I hope this isn't a dumb question. Most items have a weight value that can be edited in CK, but ammo does not. I'm wanting to create a "Weighted Arrows and Bolts" mod. How should I go about this without being able to edit the weight value in CK?

The short answer is that you can't.

The best you can do is dynamically track how many arrows are in the player's inventory and somehow manipulate encumbrance to match the number of arrows. Multiple people have tried this using multiple techniques but all have run into problems. The more dynamic and accurate the weight adjustments you use the larger the performance penalty. And worse yet, in most cases there's a tendency for the weight adjustments to get out of sync over time.

If you search around you can find some of the attempts so far. If you really want to do this take a look at all of them, maybe you'll come up with something better or find a way to improve on one of them.

Thanks for the response! That explains why I couldn't find it on the Nexus. That's really disappointing. I figured something like that would be relatively simple, but I've just started delving into mod creation so I've got almost everything to learn.

And you're not the first to be both surprised and very disappointed.

The developers decided that the overhead of updating inventory weight on every arrow fire and hit would be a performance drain during combat so they specifically coded the engine to completely ignore weight for items of that type. It could also lead to the annoying situation where a player running very close to the encumbrance limit could suddenly become overencumbered during combat by getting hit by a few arrows. That would be appealing to some players but others would be very frustrated.