Hello,

My idea is to make taking many chems detrimental outside of addiction and eventually fatal to the player character.

More specifically, it would involve creating a new actor value for the player, make it so taking chems (including ones like addictol) increases that value, but the value decreases over time.
When the value reaches a certain point (e.g. 100), the player ragdolls for 5 seconds and dies.

What value increase each chem should give is up in the air, but the idea would be for the player to be forced to balance between addiction risk, any current addictions, current situations, and the possibility that the next intake could mean death, because in vanilla, you can collect all the chems in the game world and run around being God-like.
Ideally, seeing a doctor would reset the value along with curing addiction.

I would love to be able to do this on my own; any advice and guidance would be well received; but if anyone more capable could achieve this, I would definitely use it.

Many thanks.

~Arpa~

Edited by Arpaleggia

Maybe a mechanic similar to survival mode would work. If you take chems on survival it dehydrates you and though I've never died of dehydration, you probably can. Trying to figure out how survival mode does that and you can implement a similar system where in a sense it's like Witcher 3, the more you take the more toxic you get.

...the more you take the more toxic you get.

Sounds exactly like what I'm going for. The word toxic has given me the idea to have a rudimentary system in place:

Instead of creating a new actor value and all the necessary magic effects and spells (the latter two of which I'm failing to grasp), I could just make all chems apply an amount of radiation damage that's rather high.

Not entirely what I wanted to achieve, but it is much easier to do and has a similar satisfactory effect. Thanks for catalysing :D

I like the idea but in general overdoses happen when too much of a drug is taken all at once. Maybe the effects become cumulative only if all the chems timers are over lapping.

I just think taking chems spread apart with time for them to wear off wouldn't be as much of an issue as taking them all at once.

Edited by AishaLove