Idea for a mod - Institute Afterplay

Cvok

Hi Everyone

I have been playing with an idea for a larger mod for Fallout 4. Specifically a few (interlinked) mods expanding the end game for Institute, introducing in some strategic aspects as well. I am a coder, but not a moder, so I am not really able to turn my idea into reality by myself. So I will just throw the idea here in case someone has the skills, but wants an inspiration. I would be happy to contribute to the mod as much as I can...anyway, here is the basic concept:

[i shall say I have posted this on the Bethesda forum and no reply, but I am not sure whether this idea is just dumbass or whether it got burried under some junk over there. ]

The key concept of the afterplay would be a resource - influence. This is what Institute is after - sneaky controll. Influence would represent the, well, influence, of Institute on each local community or fraction (Diamond City, Minutement, Good Neigborhood, you name it). In terms of mechanics, I recon Influence could be administered in a similar was as Happiness (points for, points minus)

Influence could be gained by:

1. ‘kidnapping’ important people and replacing them with Synths. This would bring a new set of missions (Sneak into the office of a local leader, dispatch him, scan his body and let his replacement teleport onto the place).

2. A presence of an 'official Institute vendor'. Would be possible to build it after the Influence score would be higher than XY. This vendor would sell Institute junk (use the same script as the vendor in Institute itself?)

3. Sending synth guards. Again, from some Influence onwards. Your mayor has asked us for protection (very kind of the synth we have replaced him with). Here they are, look, cure and friendly.

The second component would be a research. All the settlements would generate some points (based on the influence), representing the fact that Institute can test the prototypes there and so on. The points would then affect the speed of research. Player shall be able to change the priority research via conversation / terminal. Possible areas would be

- Weapons (as the research progresses, keep adding better mods to the institute weapons - possibly link it with some of the 'stronger institute weapons?')

- Armour (similar, but with Synth armor… )

- Drungs (better drugs? Better stimpacks?)

So in a nutshell, this modification would include 3 rather independent parts:

The influence system. This one might be hardest to pull out.

The new quests. This should not be too difficult. Perhaps it does not have to be on Quest basis, just a 'tranquilizer' gun and then creating a modified copy of the original character.

Research and new items. This can be worked on, but there are plenty of mods improving the institute weapons and other crap already, so it would be possible to link them (author permitted).

What do you think?

Well some good news for you, there are some remnants in the audio files that may help. I dug through them ages ago with an Unused audio file list someone had cooked up via script, and it appears there was supposed to be a board meeting after you complete the main quest. The discussion would be where to go next, with Ayo suggesting outright they had free reign to lay seige to the Commonwealth and Li objecting to how absurd that sounded. The player's audio would give you the choice to either seige or reopen CIT itself.

I didn't dig too far, but it's always been something I had a pin in for my own mod work once I get my computer upgraded @.@