Deus Ex

jojo man

One thing I always wondered about Deus Ex is how the hell they were able to put killing of children in the game?

mmm... that's weird because I don't remember any child on that game except that rascal on the market at Hong kong... anyway, I really loved the game, the setting was so inmersive, and the story so compelling, a true cyberpunk classic indeed.

There's one on the quayside at NY after you take the boat from Liberty Island. He asks you for food. I think he might be the only other one though, oh -- and maybe in the tunnels under the subway too. Haven't played in a while.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I always wondered about Deus Ex is how the hell they were able to put killing of children in the game?

mmm... that's weird because I don't remember any child on that game except that rascal on the market at Hong kong... anyway, I really loved the game, the setting was so inmersive, and the story so compelling, a true cyberpunk classic indeed.

There's one on the quayside at NY after you take the boat from Liberty Island. He asks you for food. I think he might be the only other one though, oh -- and maybe in the tunnels under the subway too. Haven't played in a while.

Let's see.....If I remember right, there's only 4 or 5:

1) The kid by the docks in battery park

2)The kid in the kiosk of Castle Clinton

3)The kid in Hong Kong

4)The parisian kid in the Paris reastaurant

...Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

• 4 weeks later...
Deus Ex is in my top 5 of games. It's great, and I usually don't even like that kind of setting...

If you're going to play it, keep an eye on this. One small pack has been released already, and the others are coming around nicely too. There's also New Vision, which is going to replace the world textures.

There's more if you look around.

Thanks for those links. :smile:

Dues Ex is also in my top 5 of all time best games. I might just dust it off and play again.

The sequel as mentioned was crap though.

BTW I will recommend Bioshock if you didnt play it, it is mostly a shooter but I think it is one of the best stories I witnessed recently...

Thanks for the recommendation, but i've already played it. I played for about an hour before I got so bored that I had to stop.

I kinda liked it, I didnt play FPS for a long time and it felt... good... But I still suck at FPS :D

Someone mentioned Crysis? dude, if you like FPS go get it but otherwise the game is... well looks nice, the water is brilliant, I just can stare at the horizon for hours, but the game is frustrating, the AI is good, but also tough... I once shot an enemy and he fell down, he was still alive so I put a bullet to his head... Well he got up like he was not shot in the head (I could see the bullet mark :)) and shot me close range with a shotgun and took me down :D I dont like that kind of games, just to make the game harder you create enemies with more HP then yours...

As for Deus Ex... I need to try those mods, thanks for the links people :D

• 1 year later...

It's a shooter

and a role-playing game

The levels are ugly

and everyone looks the same.

Best game ever. Replaying it again.

And yes, HDTP still hasn't been released. :P

It's truly superb,

I really dont know how to say this in a way that hasnt already been said six times here, but one of the finest games EVER made, it's that simple. A must for any collected.

Deus Extraordinary indeed.

I never liked the sequel, Invisible War, but I'm still going to give Human Revolution a try when it comes out. I doubt it'll be better than the original, but maybe if I try not to compare it to Deus Ex it'll be fun. :P

I did the same with Invisible War, but I really couldn't get into that either way.