Custom meshes for SSE without BSDismemberSkinInstance?

MsRae

I made a simple mesh edit through the process of nif > outfit studio > obj > blender > obj > outfit studio > nif and I noticed that it has a node called BSDismemberSkinInstance. The object is not an armour, but rather a static object and the original trishape has only the normal BSLightingShader node.

The problem is I cannot delete the DSI outright or else the trishape goes invisible (dissapears? can't highlight it in Nifskope). I would leave it in, but when I place the object (a container, if it matters) in the CK that trishape becomes invisible and I cannot select the object to move it interact with it at all. Sometimes it even crashes the CK.

I noticed that the trishape was tagged as "skinned" and so I turned that tag off, but it does the same thing of making the mesh invisible.

My experience so far with custom meshes is only with Fallout 4 in which custom trishapes do not need any child nodes to be visible in nifskope. Is there a way to separate this trishape from its DSI? If not, any ideas about why a custom mesh may not be working in CK?

Managed to fix this myself with help from a friend. I'll leave the solution here for anyone in the future. The problem was in outfit studio where you have to uncheck the "skinned" option under properties of the mesh before exporting. I had never done that with Fallout 4 and apparently it doesn't matter there, but it does matter with Skyrim trishapes.