Help starting out.

crazyjake252

Hmm. Posting some reference material like that in the forums is less than optimal as it tends to scroll out of view and get forgotten. Also, I believe there is a limit to the number of characters you can have in a post. But you can't upload anything other than an image file to the wiki.

What I have seen done is creating a "mod" page on the Nexus with either an uploaded PDF file or a link to your locally stored file (under "Other sites" I believe) or in the description, in whatever format you have it now. But if stored locally, you might want to put it in a more "universal" format than an MS proprietary one.

Another example that comes to mind is Gribbleshnibit8's Merge Up Guide (MUG), which is stored as a "public" file on his GoogleDrive, which Roy Batterian linked in a forum post. I added the link to a wiki article to make it easier to locate. If you want to go that route, I can add the link to the "Getting started creating mods in GECK" article. That way you can edit it on your local drive whenever you wish.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

WoW ... you are awesome dubious for putting that stuff together.

But I do have one tid bit correction for you. My name is Mktavish ... spelled with a "k" and small "t"

I wouldn't want people to think I was a lowland Scott ... LOL actually I had to come up with this name years ago ... because McTavish was already taken. And no matter where I take it now ... nobody has it.

IDK ... but it kinda looks Russian to me with the new derivation ? And I just likes it mo betta :)

Spotted something that seems worth checking out. A Skyrim CK user reported here that adding the following to the "SkyrimEditor.ini" file stopped CTDs.

[Audio]
 bEnableAudio=0

That will disable the interface to hear sounds, but a re-edit back to "1" will restore it. Of course you can't expect everything from one CK to work in another, but it seems worth trying in "GeckCustom.ini" by someone who uses it a lot.

-Dubious-

Spotted something that seems worth checking out. A Skyrim CK user reported here that adding the following to the "SkyrimEditor.ini" file stopped CTDs.

[Audio]
 bEnableAudio=0

That will disable the interface to hear sounds, but a re-edit back to "1" will restore it. Of course you can't expect everything from one CK to work in another, but it seems worth trying in "GeckCustom.ini" by someone who uses it a lot.

-Dubious-

just wanted to say, that I tried the audio fix and added the 4gb patcher to Geck, and its run smoothly for hours at a time now. hopefully it works as well for others. GECK induced stress level is now down to 3 from 10

Thanks for letting us know you are less stressed.

Good thing

it's a good thing really I was starting to look into how to genetically modify lizards to create a deathclaw. would have made Halloween interesting. GOJIRA... LOL