[LE] Require help with making time delay in between quest stages

aojihan

Hello,

I have been making a quest mod for the past couple of months on my own. I have been having success figuring out how to use creation kit through examining different scripts and items throughout the original game data.

The issue I have now is that I wish to create a time delay in which "character A" tells "player-character" to come back after two days and so the dialogue does not progress until two days have passed.

There is no examples of where this happens in game (that I can find) and I cannot quite get the scripting right on my own.

If anyone can explain how to do this, I would very much appreciate it.

Regards.

Start your quest as you normally would...

Stage 1 (start up stage): Dialogue. On dialogue end, set stage to 2.

Stage 2: On Stage Start, register for single update of 2 days in the journal script block. Have simple "Come back later" dialogue for this stage created (blocking, high priority). Access the snippet script on the scripts tab, and add an event OnUpdate function to check the current stage, and if it is 2 then set the stage to 3.

Stage 3: Do you new dialogue here.

That should pretty much do it. Just make sure your OnUpdate is in the snippet script with the blocks of script snippets. That is the listening script that will recieve the event, if memory serves me right.

• 4 years later...

Just tried this. Works beautifully! I'm using it in a dialogue scene controller quest. Put your suggestion inbetween the dialogue scene quest stages, now I have a 72 hour delay between scenes. Awesome!

• 2 months later...

So I am just a kindergartener when it comes to quest modding. With that said, I'm having a little trouble with identifying some of the steps starting from Stage 2 ...where do I register for a single update of 2 days? I'm not seeing a "journal script block." Is that the Log Entry if I am on the Quest Stages tab? Also I do not know where to find/edit (blocking, high priority) would that be somewhere in dialogue views? I'm unfamiliar with the "snippet script" on the scripts tab. If anyone could expound on these steps I would be extremely grateful. thank you