FO3/FNV style Power Armor

TheDarkWolf45

I'm honestly not a big fan of the new power armor. I think its just unnecessarily big and the arm/leg extensions don't make sense, it would be too clunky to use and too hard to keep working in a apocalyptic environment.

Luckily, there is a mod author who already made armor frames that fit on the characters instead of having to be climbed into.

CROSS Cybernetics: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609/?

What I really want is for someone to make a mod that replaces the big frames in the game with the ones from the mod. (ie: Brotherhood of Steel would wear them instead of the full suits) The player could equip the frame and then equip each armor piece the same way as leather or combat armor, or could still be climbed into but a lot smaller. My only concern is if it would be possible to still use the crafting stations.

What I really want is for someone to make a mod that replaces the big frames in the game with the ones from the mod. (ie: Brotherhood of Steel would wear them instead of the full suits) The player could equip the frame and then equip each armor piece the same way as leather or combat armor, or could still be climbed into but a lot smaller. My only concern is if it would be possible to still use the crafting stations.

I don't see why not. If it acts like regular armor and clothing, it would need to be set up to be modified at the armor bench instead of the Power Armor Rack and basically change all the stats and stuff over to it.

I don't see why not. If it acts like regular armor and clothing, it would need to be set up to be modified at the armor bench instead of the Power Armor Rack and basically change all the stats and stuff over to it.

It's very possible to do. It's just that the modding that it would require to integrate it into the Brotherhood and Atom Cats and such is beyond me.

@RedDog6911 Nice find there!

@TheDarkWolf45 Not necessarily. You could make a player only version of instead of making NPCs wear the clothing/armor variant.

But really my whole idea is that I want it to be for all of the NPCs, not just me. The biggest thing that bothers me is the arm and leg extensions on the armor. I just wanted it to be less of a mech-suit and more of an armor.

Thanks everyone, for the help, but it might be a while before something like this comes out.

@RedDog6911 Nice find there!

@TheDarkWolf45 Not necessarily. You could make a player only version of instead of making NPCs wear the clothing/armor variant.

But really my whole idea is that I want it to be for all of the NPCs, not just me. The biggest thing that bothers me is the arm and leg extensions on the armor. I just wanted it to be less of a mech-suit and more of an armor.

Thanks everyone, for the help, but it might be a while before something like this comes out.

This sounds like the job for formlists.

• 1 year later...

Can we not just scale it down and adjust the models so they don't look so silly? I'm fine with the speed, the animation all of it. I just don't want to be so damn bulky. When you say realistic I get that, but my thoughts on the original power armor was that they were so advanced they could be slick and lightweight. Now I've got no issue with the speed reduction but the titan that I've become feels lame and cartoony.