Fallout 4 entry point missing

stebbinsd

Ok, anyone EXCEPT kingtobbe is welcome to offer suggestions as to solutions. It was his suggestion that caused this problem in the first place, and so I'm not listening to any more of his bullcrap.

In this thread ...

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5170670-creation-kit-entry-point/

I moved the CK to my FO4 folder as he suggested. I noticed that most of the DLL files were identical, so I told them to copy and replace, thinking that the CK must use the same DLL files as before ... after all, wouldn't that make sense considering the whole part about the CK having to be in the same folder as the game?

Kingtobbe didn't give me any instructions beyond simply moving the files. I had no idea that these DLL files were technically different DESPITE having the same name!

Well, that didn't solve the problem. In fact, it made it worse! Now I can't even launch the GAME, let alone the CK!

Here's the message I get:

"The procedure entry point ?GFSDK_GodraysLib_Close@@YA?AW4GFSDK_GodraysLib_Status@@PEAUGFSDK_GodraysLib_Ctx@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library GFSDK_GodraysLib.x64.dll"

Even when I download the GFSDK_GodraysLib.x64.dll file off this link ...

https://www.dll-files.com/download/f9df8130b191f383ed2b3e0e3bce72d1/gfsdk_godrayslib.x64.dll.html?c=TnJjM3ZDZmU3TnR1dkNaemNRdTNUdz09

... it still doesn't work!

When installing the creation kit there should be a setting to where you want to install it... Choose fo4 directory and that's all that needs to be done. (it's the way I think it was...if you want to be sure watch one of the install tutorial videos)

So kingtobbe was completely right.

I would say reinstall both, or just ck and let steam after the deinstall of ck check over the fo4 files.

Have to say your reaction in the previous thread is pretty amusing ^^

Edited by L3s7ing