ME3EXPLORER CRASH

shaun27

Hi. I am currently having a problem regarding my ME3explorer 3.0. When trying to unpack my dlc it crashes and I have no idea how to fix this. If someone can help it is very much appreciated. I only have ME3 with me and no ME1 and 2 so that's my first theory as to why it keeps on crashing. But i am not sure. Opinion anyone? I have a picture below as proof of the crash please help me. :confused: :confused:

G'day. not having ME or ME2 cannot be the cause, it only works with the game it finds. Perhaps you need to vanilla your game a try again. ME3Explorer v3 should work. Perhaps, unpack ME3Explorer again, create the tree again or copy the me3tree.bin into the new folder...
Starting over from scratch necessary in this case many times and easier too, only time consuming.
Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Hey buddy you have to make your ME3 files not read only. Start from the very beginning file (EA Games or whatever it is called) and go to properties>uncheck read-only box. It will take maybe a minute to go through every file and program in the me3 folder and make it read and write. Then go to me3explorer and set compatibility to run as administrator. This solves all problems. Good luck.

I had the same problem and realized duh, gotta do that so that me3explorer can access files and change them/whatever it does.

Edited by Sher101

• 1 month later...

Hey buddy you have to make your ME3 files not read only. Start from the very beginning file (EA Games or whatever it is called) and go to properties>uncheck read-only box. It will take maybe a minute to go through every file and program in the me3 folder and make it read and write. Then go to me3explorer and set compatibility to run as administrator. This solves all problems. Good luck.

I had the same problem and realized duh, gotta do that so that me3explorer can access files and change them/whatever it does.

Thank you!! :D

Simple fix, but I would never have found that out on my own. ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So I just spent quite a bit of time modifying all the folders/files...they are all accessible and I'm opening ME3 Explorer in Administrator....still crashes every time. It was working before, I tried to install a mod that recognizes hair as DLC but it didn't work so I took it out, and at some point in the process this stopped working...says it finds 5 unpacked DLC and then crashes when I click "Unpack DLC" but there's nothing else to click?? Ergh

• 4 weeks later...

So I just spent quite a bit of time modifying all the folders/files...they are all accessible and I'm opening ME3 Explorer in Administrator....still crashes every time. It was working before, I tried to install a mod that recognizes hair as DLC but it didn't work so I took it out, and at some point in the process this stopped working...says it finds 5 unpacked DLC and then crashes when I click "Unpack DLC" but there's nothing else to click?? Ergh

I'm having the same problem... looks like this is still unsolved