new Computer Won't install certain mods

DreadedKat

So, I just built a new computer and all that and I started downloading mods for FO4, but some mods NMM said ran into an error, so I thought I would just install them myself, but when I tried 7zip said there was an error and wouldn't but the files in the folder. The mods that didn't work were Azars Ponytails, CBBE Ida body texture, Elianora's Faction Housing, and Clean Waters. i don't know what's blocking these particular files or what they have in common, so help would be much appreciated.

You don't have to unpack compressed files when adding them semi-manually. You can point NMM directly to the folder where you downloaded the mods by clicking the green plus sign top left in NMM's sidebar and then navigating to that particular folder where you've added your manuallly downloaded files.

Since you built a new PC, I surmise you've had to re-install your OS too? What anti-virus program are you using and how does the firewall handle incoming downloads?

Also, can you give a list about what mods are you actually using and the specs of your pc?

Processor Intel® Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

RAM 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error seems to only happen when adding textures, not replacing. I installed Proto vault suit fine, but with azar, I can move the esp and the main file from the download folder and onto my desktop, but the texture file gives me an Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error

Edited by DreadedKat

You don't have to unpack compressed files when adding them semi-manually. You can point NMM directly to the folder where you downloaded the mods by clicking the green plus sign top left in NMM's sidebar and then navigating to that particular folder where you've added your manuallly downloaded files.

Since you built a new PC, I surmise you've had to re-install your OS too? What anti-virus program are you using and how does the firewall handle incoming downloads?

I tried turning off Windows defender, but that didn't do anything.

Also, can you give a list about what mods are you actually using and the specs of your pc?

Processor Intel® Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

RAM 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error seems to only happen when adding textures, not replacing. I installed Proto vault suit fine, but with azar, I can move the esp and the main file from the download folder and onto my desktop, but the texture file gives me an Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error

The hardware is perfect to play fallout with high settings and mods. For what i remember i got a similar problem with fallout new vegas, probably your internet connection is not good, and when you download a mod only half of the file is downloaded. Actually CBBE Ida body texture is 71,201 kb, so if your file is smaller the problem is your connection.

Also remember the requirements and the readme of the mod

INSTALLATION:

Make sure CBBE body is installed.

Unpack an archives to your Fallout4 main folder or use NMM.

Add the following lines to your "Fallout4Custom.ini" file located in "Documents\My Games\Fallout4":

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Another cause of the problem can be with a damage on 7zip

I tied uninstalling NMM, same issue, but I think it's computer related, not NMM. I don't know why, but 7zip and windows won't let me move any file with textures.

I'v always been using WinRAR to pack/unpack compressed files, so, I wouldn't know about the intricacies of 7zip...

It must be windows 10 because 7zip works fine, NMM, is fine, the only issue is that no matter what I can't move files with textures. .NIFs, BA2s, nothing. It doesn't even give me a proper error when I try to move the files from folder to folder, just an unspecified one. I guess I can try and play without mods that add textures.