new Computer Won't install certain mods

DreadedKat

Ok, great you have the storage drive you can use.

Now if you don't want to do this, you don't have too, only things get a lot more complicated if you don't

1. Double click on the C: drive, browse to C:\program files and folder(x86)
  2. Find steam and rename it to any thing, add a 1 or something to the name.
  3. http://store.steampowered.com/ Here
  4. at the top is an installer. make sure steam is fully shut down in the tray, right click it and select exit.
  5. install steam to that storage drive, it will present a window with a file path open during it's install.
  6. Once installed it should auto update, if not run the new app from there on the D: drive where it installed too.
  7. allow it to up date.
  8. then log in to your steam account.
  9. go to where this game is at, you find it shows at the moment it's not installed, click install.
  10. this will provide you with a fresh install and no permission issues should effect the game there.
  11. you need to back up your documents/My Games folder to the D: drive, just right click it and copy, then paste it on the D: drive.
  12. Now Go to the Nmm folders and look for the download sections ,make sure the file sizes reflect full mod packages, zip . rar, 7z files some fomod's may be.
  13. select all of those can copy them to the D: drive.
  14. uninstall Nmm
  15. then reinstall Nmm after the game has been reinstalled on the d: drive---. install nmm to the D: drive.
  16. From this point on you use the D:drive for gaming. all installers give you an option to chose where you want the stuff to go to.
  17. No, you will be able to do things you currently can not do where things are at.
  18. Steam also has some tools and information to shows how to move your current game, only windows 10 was not taken into account, not per-missives the OS has placed on those files.
  19. later on you can deal with all the other games.
  20. In C:\Program Files and Folders (x86) Steam...just delete the entire folder, all your in game variables are stored on the server in your account so it's no big loss.
  21. once the game launches once ,you set up the games menu settings for how your using the key board, graphics and sound, along with UI settings HUD
  22. after all that is done ,copy the My Games folder on theD: drive to your Documents folder and overwrite every thing.
  23. Boooom ! your done, from this point you can address things as you wish without interference from windows 10.

C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Mods here?

All I know is, all downloaded data is kept within the NMM structures, you need to find all of that data, you downloaded and move them else where so you don't need to re-download all of it again.

You shown a screen shot of an empty drive, use that empty drive to store and install all game criteria there.

I don't use nmm. I use mod organizer and I download all mods from any place by hand, I do not rely on a web site tool except steam to download data.

I control what I get. you need to do the same.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/downloadfile?id=1000144382

install it to that empty drive, yes, it's from a game site section not related, but on the description page it tells you what you need to use, there is also one available on Fo3 and NV's web sections, but this one works best.

This link should auto download for you.