Nexus Mod Manager "Plugins"

easyalpha

Hey guys, just wondering if this is normal or if its a problem and if so is anyone else having this issue.

Okay so i have mod manager, and is great really helpful when turning on and off mods. My issue is, when i go to the plugins tab and check all the boxes, i fire up skyrim go into the game and everything seems to work, although im not sure if some of the mods are on or not. To test this i downloaded the "hillside home" mod and tried to go to it in game, it was not there. So i left the game opened up mod manager and all my plugins except for skyrim.esp were unchecked. I checked them all again went back into the game loaded my last save, then exited reopened mod manager and again they were all unchecked except skyrim.esp. So are my plugins suppose to uncheck themselves, are they not working properly? should i reinstall everything ?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

All the other fixes didn't work for me, but this on did :happy:

Go to C:\Users\<User>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and edit the SkyrimPrefs.ini file

Scroll down untill you find [LAUNCHER] and paste this in

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

bLoadLooseFiles=1

Hope it helped :thumbsup::)

Yeah. It works now. The data files section is black and accesible, but man! It kicks me out of skyrim when it's logo comes out :( This problem is since my Skyrimprefs.ini is now with bEnableFileSection=1 and my folder is read - only :( Please someone help!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So, this happened a week back, I was on the nexus mod manager installing some mods when this annoying trace log error warning kept popping up that kept closing the mod page. I exited the mod manager and the next day I loaded my save at the sleeping giant inn but my mods weren't working, I went back on the mod manager to see what happened and I found that there were only 2 plugins available, and all they did was activate vanilla skyrim. EVEN THE DLC PLUGINS ARE GONE. Ive searched all over youtube, yahoo, google, bing, nexus tech support (actually scratch that, I couldn't find nexus tech support). nobody anywhere knows how to fix this problem let alone whats causing this problem, its like the very first time in nexus history this bug has happened due to an update. so, enough of my ramblings, does anyone here know how to retrieve missing mod/dlc plugins?