False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

So, I've got a weird problem. I can start my game and load a save normally, but in 10-20 minutes into the game something always breaks.
Symptoms:

- All my saves are shown by the game as corrupt. I can save normally, but cannot load anything.

- All NPC's added by mods lose their dialogue lines unless these lines are added by another mod. So, if I talk with the follower from 3DNPC, I only see a line "Let;s talk about your abilities" added by "Immersive Follower tweaks".

- Dialogue menus provided by configuration powers of different mod's lose all their text in upper part of the window (part that contains description). They keep all their options.

If I exit the game and launch it again, issues disappear. All saves are readable and everything is normal... for another 10 or 20 minutes. I can just stand in one location doing nothing and it still hits. Corrupt saves, lost dialogue.

I don't have crashes or freezes or FPS loss. But restarting the game every 20 minutes... is a next best thing, I suppose.

I'd love to hear from anyone having the same issue. Even comparing the load order can help.

I've attached my load order. Now notice that it have two Oldrim mods: 3DNPC and Amorous Adventures. But, AA is clean and was re-saved in new CK. 3DNPC wasn't, but I've played with it for long time without any issues. They seem to come from one of the later mods as it hit immediately on a new game. "Skyrim Tools" reports that my saves are all right. They are readable and nothing needs cleaning.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not them. Started a new game without them, played for a couple hours, got the symptoms.
I actually played with 3DNPC for a long time before a ran into the issue. And just recently I was able to re-save its .esp in the CK.
My next guess would be Immersive Armors. I just happened to notice that symptom #3 doesn't affect its configuration power while wrecking all the others.

Nope, not them. Started a new game without them, played for a couple hours, got the symptoms.

I actually played with 3DNPC for a long time before a ran into the issue. And just recently I was able to re-save its .esp in the CK.

My next guess would be Immersive Armors. I just happened to notice that symptom #3 doesn't affect its configuration power while wrecking all the others.

I have the same symptoms, have you found the culprit?

Nope, it's still going on. For some time it seemed that the bug is gone, but no. I've checked a bug trackers for a number of mods, but didn't find similar reports.
We share a lot of stuff in our mod list. Are you using "Achievements Enabler" by chance? Did you use a console during playthrough?

I have the same problem, and also a lot of mods that you two use. But i don't use those two oldrim mods, neither Immersive Armors.

I've suspected of Wet and Cold, and ended up uninstalling it, but it keeps happening, even in a new character/new save, so it's also not a problem originated by uninstalled mods.

I don't use Achievements Enabler, but i did use the console a couple of times.

Maybe something with AFT (i had iAFT before, and now i'm in my second AFT, this one properly ported for Skyrim SE).

PS. Also i cleaned everything i've uninstalled with Skyrim Tools: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031

Edited by mtrjagamer

I've since uninstalled iAFT, but the problem persists. And, yes, tried the game without Immersive Armors - it's still happening.
Used Skyrim Tools for cleaning, tried a new game.
Please, post your load order? It should help to narrow it down.
By the way, is the bug keeps happening when you don't have a follower with you? It seemed to help me for a time.

Do you use LOOT ? I have a lot of the same mods but a very different load order, i had for example Qaxe Questorium or Rigmor down in the load order, but now i just let LOOT do his thing. About the followers i don't know, i will have to try without them.

One thing i did noticed is that in some of the new quest mods, if there are new locations i can play a lot longer without the corrupt saves appearing, and as soon as i'm back to the regular map, it happens. I don't know if that's happening every time, but i've noticed it at least a couple of times. It definitely happened with Qaxe Questorium, in Icicle Valley.

Wich AFT do you use?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4340/?

or

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6656/?

Edited by mtrjagamer

I don't exactly use LOOT as it tends to mess with complex load orders. I'm usually checking my mod lists in TESEdit for conflicts and arrange load order to minimize them. Plus common sense and author's recommendations if there are some.
And I used iAFT which is not on Nexus anymore for some reasons. But removing it didn't help.
I'll check your load order and maybe shrink the suspect's list. It's like over 80 mods at the moment =(
And I really can't tell why it's so rare that only a couple of us have this bug. All these mods are rather well known.

Well i have been having this problem for a while too but i started a new game last night and 4hrs in its working ok. The ONLY thing i changed was uninstalled frostfall and wet and cold 2.16 BETA and went back to version 2.15 of wet and cold, ill keep you posted on how it goes.