Unable to disable V-Sync

ile141

Hey,

I've been having a strange problem with SkyrimSE. I can't seem to disable V-Sync, iPresentInterval/iVsyncPresentInterval=0 both have no effect at all, regardless if skyrimprefs/skyrim.inis are Read-Only.

What I've tried:

Under [Display] set "iVsyncpresentinterval=0".

Checked my Nvidia control panel settings.

Checked ENB settings for V-Sync. - It's disabled.

Uninstalled all my mods, still V-Sync.

Removed ENB and ReShade, no effect.

Validating files ---> nothing.

I wouldn't really want to reinstall the game, as it is going to take a nice while with my internet connection.

I don't have any kind of V-Sync problems on any other game, and I didn't have this previously... but I can't figure out what was different, as it was months back, and I just recently started playing SkyrimSE again.

Please, no comments about "physics will be insane if you go over 60!!1".

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have the same exact problem. Funny why issues like this are always ignored. I am trying to figure out why my capable pc (gtx 1060 6gb fx8350 16gRam) struggles to run this damned game at 60fps constant. Damn I always have drops to 30 and through the interet there is only garbage information. Tried disabling the cancerous vsync that Bethesda implemented in this game using the same method you mentiones, but even on the lowest setting my fps never go beyond 60fps. Still get all the damned fps loss.

Edited by dizzyXcore

I can't switch it off as well.

I like it off for testing.

The drops are a different matter. I run 2 gaming computers side by side.

One has a i7 2600k with a GTX 1080 & drops into the 30s. This rig runs the game at 3440 X 1440.

The other computer has a i7 6700k with 2 x GTX 980 ti & only drops into the 40s(only one GPU in use). This rig is running the game at 4k resolution so there is a lot more GPU stress on it.

The drops are a CPU thing. I can take all the GPU stress off both computers by lowering the resolution but the drops are the same no matter what I do.

Later

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely not a CPU bottleneck on my system (i7-3610QM, GT 650M 2GB, 16GB RAM, SSD).

A 5 minute test shows:

@1080p - CPU usage 24-35%, GPU usage 97-99%, FPS 20-55 extremes with 25-35 standard for exterior cells

@540p - CPU usage 30-40%, GPU usage 76%-99%, FPS 45-61 extremes with 49-52 standard for exterior cells

If I were CPU limited, the lowest FPS reading wouldn't change in high stress situations. Of course, my system is in the opposite situation to your 2600K and GTX 1080 combo, with a more than adequate CPU tied to a GPU that pretty much only has relatively high VRAM capacity going for it. That said, your 2600K is stronger than my 3610QM in every way on paper and benchmarks, so I feel like there must be something else going on if you're dropping lower than my low resolution test.

• 3 weeks later...

Under [Display] set "iVsyncpresentinterval=0".

You have that set in SkyrimPrefs.ini correct?

Of course.

It seems that this suddenly got somewhat popular, after I gave up with no answers. No progress on the issue from my side, and it's definitely not my system unable to run, the game is locked at 60.

• 4 weeks later...

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/10738/skyrim-1-3-update-fix-for-144hz-monitor-owners

Skyrim.ini add bLockFramerate=0

is frame limit what you mean? are you sure vsync is still on?

one of the updates added a 60fps limit by default.

That worked perfectly. Weird that this isn't so widely known, as I personally have never heard of that. Thank you good sir.