Search multiple catagories simultaneously.

CharmicsMods

Hello,

I avidly mod both Fallout 4 and Skyrim, and I am very pleased with the search tools provided here on the nexus. They are extremely useful and overall well-designed.

However, there is one minor frustration which has become increasingly prevalent as we seek narrower search capability: the lack of broad, yet still confined, search capability. For example, the Fallout 4 Categories section currently provides four different type of audio categories: Misc, Music, SFX, and Voice. This is great and all, but it can make finding audio mods significantly more tedious, given that we can only select one of these four at a time, and we very well may be interested in up to three.

The argument might be made that we simply have too many audio categories, but I disagree. These categories are perfectly discrete, and this problem also presents itself when one is searching for visual effects mods, retextures and overhauls for the landscape, armors and clothes, and so forth. I appreciate the granularity provided by these categories, but it's not a perfect solution. Fallout 4 and both versions of Skyrim suffer from this. Presumably any game with a lot of modding potential does, but these are the one I'm familiar with.

It would be an excellent improvement if we could tick categories and select multiple. I'm already hugely impressed by the search tools we have access to, so perhaps being able to select multiple categories is simply too much to ask from Nexusmods, but if that's not the case, I see no reason not to make this change.

TL:DR; Could we make multiple Categories selectable when searching for mods?

P.S. If this has already been discussed, and I've somehow missed it, and that discussion is still valid today, please let me know! I haven't seen anything about this yet but I may have missed something.